• ...and so much more!
  • Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    My granddaughter plays on my phone. I have nothing to hide. But it is my property, and if someone feels like they need to be in control of it even to the point of overreaching, school will be in session. (And by school, I mean I would get a lawyer, someone smarter than me, to defend the hill I stand on.)

Last edited:

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    It sounds to me like a deal was made to keep the city out of hot water.
    If I was to ever meet this thug, I would buy him a beer.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    its already been ruled by several state supreme courts (and maybe even SCOTUS) that they cannot compel someone to give out a password. fingerprints, yes. Passwords no.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I don't want my phone password protected. I don't want my computer password protected (My old one wasn't, but I "inherited" this one from DoggyMama). My phone is either in my pocket, or on the charger in my locked home. Computer is either right in front of me, or in my locked home. I guess if you are one to just leave your phone or computer laying around anywhere, a password would be useful. Me, I want to pick it up (or turn it on) and use it. And lord knows I have enough passwords to remember. Been that way for years, and have yet to be compromised. Oddly enough, my debit card has been compromised (with a pin number and even with the chip), but my phone and computer have never been compromised, so really, what's the point?

Last edited:

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I don't mess with password on my phone either. Too big a hassle, and it's always nearby. If I lose it or it somehow gets stolen, I'll buy another one, and good luck to anyone getting anything worthwhile off it. I don't do the internet on my phone either, so nothing juicy to be had.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    After much whining and complaining, my sugar momma(wife) bought me a new phone. I am retired and she is still working. Got my first iphone XMax. Starting to like it.

Has a password but I use the facial recognition unlock. Figure if they look as bad as I do they are s**t out of luck anyway.........

Don

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    So, if my cell phone is not password protected, do they still need a warrant to look at its contents?

Yes.

If they first find passcodes testamentary (I don’t think they are, but let’s assume), a law should be made that in exchange for using the regulated airwaves, manufacturers and cell providers have to unlock cell phones when there is a valid warrant. They can litigate the validity of the warrant if they want to, but once there is a ruling, unlock it or lose access to regulated frequencies.

Last edited:

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I am not a criminal, but I'm not going to give the police permission to look in my phone.
    Since it isn't password protected, they'll likely just open it and look without a warrant. Then, nothing they find can be used against me because it was illegally obtained.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    What do people have on their phones that the cops would possibly want?
    I guess I'm old because I use my phone to make and answer calls. It's a phone. :dunno:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I just dont want someone to unlawfully tell me to do something. I guess its the American blood in me but i dont like overeaching authority figures. Please do not confuse that statement with thinking that I do not respect law enforcement because you would be wrong. We must have rule of law and I am grateful to the men and women of law enforcement who take those risks every damn day to preserve the peaceful and free society we live in.

We the people grant power to the government. Regulated by laws set forth in our constitution. I have to follow the laws and so do they.
    If i break the law or they have probable cause then follow the steps of rhe law and get a warrant and i will submit to the law.
    Otherwise if youre just on a fishing expedition PlSS OFF. Im not handing over my rights. I have and will cooperate as I see fit within the law otherwise. Im not a criminal but I have everything to defend. Good honest innocent people are sitting in jail right now and have been there before simply for consenting to searches and opening their mouths simply because they truly had nothing to hide. Until the law is twisted to **** them out of their freedom. Do you really want to take that chance? I dont.

Im being a good citizen for following the law and making sure the government follows the law too.
    At what point did we become so backwards in our views that a citizen envoking their rights against illegal search and seizure or not testifying against themselves in court (5th) automatically means they are guilty? What in the **** is wrong with this countrys mindset?? People died to give you those rights and those laws. Respect those Fallen Patriots by ALWAYS making agents of the government respect and follow the law.

If people think MY above line of thinking is wrong or fringe then they are the ones being unAmerican or unlawful. Not me

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    What are we talking about? No one is claiming police should be able to look at your phone any time they want. They have to have a warrant. This whole topic is about what to do when there IS a warrant, but the police cannot get in.

Top Bottom