Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Yeah, right, enemies that want to kill us should be sold nukes. You apparently have no concept of self preservation. In your world there is no right or wrong.
    Thor himself has spoken, mere mortals must make it so. - bradmedic04

User Info Menu

Doug, why do you think countries should want nuclear weapons, and is some rationality incumbent on them as part of what you advocate

The United States is not threatening to rain fire and destruction on Iran nor is it calling for 'Death to Persia'. Since the Iranians regularly call for the destruction of Israel, how would you parse any room Israel has to interfere with something existential

I also notice you didn't list the DPRK as having the same right to nuclear weapons as '... the US, France, China and India do." Do you feel they also have an unlimited right to pursue the technology or is that right somehow attenuated by being crazy. What about Pakistan, if you feel India has the right
    You may not be interested in war, but war is interested in you

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian01 View Post
    I know that if I were president some on here would want to shoot me.

I'd treat their nuclear program just like we treated the Israeli's - I'd sell 'em the nukes!

Iran is a sovereign nation recognized by this country and most other countries of the world. They have the same right to nuclear weapons that the US, France, China and India do.

To impede their right to have such is the act of a bully.

Regards,

Doug
    I can sort of see this point. If they can do it themselves, by all means... but I'm not interested in helping them, due to their known disdain for a nearby ally of ours.

And if we feel they're a threat, we'll just build up defenses around them to prevent it from exiting their borders.
    Let that be my contrarian reply...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GPIA7R View Post
    I can sort of see this point. If they can do it themselves, by all means... but I'm not interested in helping them, due to their known disdain for a nearby ally of ours.

And if we feel they're a threat, we'll just build up defenses around them to prevent it from exiting their borders.
    That, or we could correct that ****ing moron Carter's blunder.
    Government and pedophiles both practice buggering those powerless to defend themselves.

User Info Menu

Jimmuh Carter constitutes proof that even Hyman G. Rickover could have an off day.
    Brother, you asked for it!—Francisco Domingo Carlos Andres Sebastian d’Anconia

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian01 View Post
    I know that if I were president some on here would want to shoot me.

I'd treat their nuclear program just like we treated the Israeli's - I'd sell 'em the nukes!

Iran is a sovereign nation recognized by this country and most other countries of the world. They have the same right to nuclear weapons that the US, France, China and India do.

To impede their right to have such is the act of a bully.

Regards,

Doug
    There's a little wee bit of a difference. To my knowledge, Israel has not expressed a desire to wipe another country off the map. Selling them the means to do so would be enabling a bully.

User Info Menu

Perhaps importantly, Israel is/was an ally. Iran, after the fall of the House of Pahlavi, was not an ally.
    Resident Warning Shot Statist.

User Info Menu

The other day I picked up a copy of Corsi's 2005 book "Atomic Iran" for 99 cents. Went through it during lunch and later dropped it in a gas station trash can after getting the bug smears off my windshield. So, any how, it got me to thinking. The build up to knocking off this particular obstacle to borders expanding from Egypt to the River Euphrates has been going on for a really long time. It's surprising that an event hasn't been supplied to kinda smooth the way towards getting things done.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey1911 View Post
    Jimmuh Carter constitutes proof that even Hyman G. Rickover could have an off day.
    One of my problems with the father of the nuclear program, was he created officers that were Techs first, and Tacticians second.
    "Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem."

"A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs." Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

If you're a noob, develop thick skin, and read the FAQs

Actaeon - act'-tee-on
    The death of Actaeon - http://www.paleothea.com/Myths/Actaeon.html

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by actaeon277 View Post
    One of my problems with the father of the nuclear program, was he created officers that were Techs first, and Tacticians second.
    Government and pedophiles both practice buggering those powerless to defend themselves.

Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast