Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by avboiler11 View Post
    Proportional response would be a half-dozen Tomahawks hitting IADS sites.
    Total coincidence that those strikes might open up a lane for IAF runs on nuke sites....
    Resident Warning Shot Statist.

User Info Menu

Seems to me that "taking over", and by that I mean invading, Iran would be unnecessary and ill-advised.

Some sort of limited military action that sets their nuclear program back significantly? Much less ill-advised, maybe advised, and perhaps not unnecessary.

It's not an all-or-nothing proposition. Imagine if a similar tact would have been continued after Gulf I and after 9/11- contain Iraq, but don't invade. It's an interesting thing to think about.
    ​Bullies suck. They also make you stronger.

User Info Menu

I would be okay with a couple missiles on top of the revolutionary guard headquarters. Like someone said, something proportional seems called for.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HoughMade View Post
    Seems to me that "taking over", and by that I mean invading, Iran would be unnecessary and ill-advised.

Some sort of limited military action that sets their nuclear program back significantly? Much less ill-advised, maybe advised, and perhaps not unnecessary.

It's not an all-or-nothing proposition. Imagine if a similar tact would have been continued after Gulf I and after 9/11- contain Iraq, but don't invade. It's an interesting thing to think about.
    We (the western powers) had Saddam Hussein somewhat contained after the first Gulf War, with protection for the Kurds in the north and the yuge no-fly zone. Even a weakened Iraq under Hussein kept the Iranians occupied. Now they have been free to focus their attention elsewhere. Unfortunately, the current situation is the hand we've dealt ourselves, as a nation.

We do not need to get into another unnecessary and ill-advised ground war, especially one where there is no realistic plan beyond regime change. I think we should have learned by now that not everyone is ready to or could even embrace western-style representative government with open arms.

User Info Menu

Wonder if Trump will be able to gather a coalition of the trolled to assist in our efforts.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    We (the western powers) had Saddam Hussein somewhat contained after the first Gulf War, with protection for the Kurds in the north and the yuge no-fly zone. Even a weakened Iraq under Hussein kept the Iranians occupied. Now they have been free to focus their attention elsewhere. Unfortunately, the current situation is the hand we've dealt ourselves, as a nation.

We do not need to get into another unnecessary and ill-advised ground war, especially one where there is no realistic plan beyond regime change. I think we should have learned by now that not everyone is ready to or could even embrace western-style representative government with open arms.
    Well, that's pretty much my point...
    ​Bullies suck. They also make you stronger.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HoughMade View Post
    Well, that's pretty much my point...
    We can see it at this level; hopefully our "leaders" in Washington see it that way, too.

User Info Menu

So, I just saw the Iranian military tweet that supposedly has footage of the missile launch.

The last bit of the vid has a purported track of the drone. It MIGHT have cut the corner a little into the 12 mile line as it transited south and east from UAE, but not by much. Plus, it was hit on the RTB leg and seemed a little further over in international airspace.

IF it crossed into Iranian space, it really wasn't much at all. But, that gave the forces time to set up and launch under preferential parameters.

That's assuming the track in the Iranian-released vid is accurate, of course.

User Info Menu

Hmmm,

I wonder if the Iranians power grid might suddenly flicker?
    If all the cell phones went down for a few hours it might surprise them?
    The Iranian interwebz might just show a Trump rally for a few days.
    It would shame if the banking system went crazy and money went missing?
    U.S. Army retired

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Brad69 View Post
    Hmmm,

I wonder if the Iranians power grid might suddenly flicker?
    If all the cell phones went down for a few hours it might surprise them?
    The Iranian interwebz might just show a Trump rally for a few days.
    It would shame if the banking system went crazy and money went missing?
    I'd be happy if their centerfuges just spun too fast for awhile and broke.

Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast