Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 39 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
    Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Time to *itch-slap Iran?

Looks to me like Iran needs another reminder about their place in the Geo-political spectrum.
    I don't think they will stop this provocation until the U.S. strikes back.
    Much like a child, Iran is testing their limits, but I don't think they're going to like the outcome, especially if they keep this crap up.
    Dormant U.S.Marine/ NRA Benefactor-Life

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

But Bernie stated he did not believe Trump and his people about Iran..........
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

The question is, what will Russia do?
    Right now, Putin has stated his support for Iran.

But the question is, what actions will cause what response?

In Reagan's day, the Navy sunk half of Iran's fleet in a few hours.
    The Russians did nothing.
    Either because there was no War (no boots on the ground), or because they were afraid of the Cowboy Politics that Reagan was attributed to.
    "Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem."

“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.” -Plato

"A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs." Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

If you're a noob, develop thick skin, and read the FAQs

User Info Menu

So what form would the "reminder" take?

Glass parking lot? Cruise missile strikes on chemical facilities? Somewhere in between?

Curious where INGOers are on that spectrum.

As for me, taking out the SAM site that launched the missile is a starting point. If it was a ship, so be it.

Appropriate calls to appropriate foreign governments with appropriate warnings, of course.

Plenty of provocations have been ignored in the past - by both sides - at least for awhile.
    Resident Warning Shot Statist.

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by actaeon277 View Post
    The question is, what will Russia do?
    Right now, Putin has stated his support for Iran.

But the question is, what actions will cause what response?

In Reagan's day, the Navy sunk half of Iran's fleet in a few hours.
    The Russians did nothing.
    Either because there was no War (no boots on the ground), or because they were afraid of the Cowboy Politics that Reagan was attributed to.
    I think the vast majority of the rest of the world are more worried about Trump being unpredictable than Reagan ever was.
    Reagan was more or less a known quantity. You knew where he stood, because he told you so to your face.

Trump likes to leave people wondering, and I for one, think that's a good thing.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mgderf View Post
    I think the vast majority of the rest of the world are more worried about Trump being unpredictable than Reagan ever was.
    Reagan was more or less a known quantity. You knew where he stood, because he told you so to your face.

Trump likes to leave people wondering, and I for one, think that's a good thing.
    I disagree. Wishy Washy policy means people (nations) may do something, such as shoot down something, and get away with it.
    But that's the point someone decides to escalate.
    "Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem."

“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.” -Plato

"A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs." Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

If you're a noob, develop thick skin, and read the FAQs

User Info Menu

Sink their navy. Hit missile & radar sites. Hit their nuclear sites which will continue to be a problem. Lets set them back 20 years
    NRA Patron Life Member
    ​NRA GOLDEN EAGLE

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger Time View Post
    Sink their navy. Hit missile & radar sites. Hit their nuclear sites which will continue to be a problem. Lets set them back 20 years
    If they continue with their enhanced uranium enrichment, Israel will take care of those.
    I think that's right around the corner. like maybe this week...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by T.Lex View Post
    So what form would the "reminder" take?

Glass parking lot? Cruise missile strikes on chemical facilities? Somewhere in between?

Curious where INGOers are on that spectrum.

As for me, taking out the SAM site that launched the missile is a starting point. If it was a ship, so be it.

Appropriate calls to appropriate foreign governments with appropriate warnings, of course.

Plenty of provocations have been ignored in the past - by both sides - at least for awhile.
    Agreed. Maybe multiple missle/radar sites as a show of force. I think that is a measured, appropriate response much like a parent would take away the x-box because the child was caught playing when they shouldnt have been. Or take away the car because the kid cant follow the speed limit and now has a $200 ticket. And in the latter example, not only take away his car, but not allow him to drive yours either; "Not only are we going to take away the car you were speeding in, we are also going to remove your ability to do it again with any of the other cars as well." (Not saying we should take out ALL SAM sites)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

User Info Menu

This situation is getting very dangerous. All saber rattling aside, who wants to get plunged into a long drawn out war and our economy taking a toilet dive.
    Mgderf is correct, Trump has slapped them in the face and they really don't know how to react. It's been a long time since there has been a president with a set, but he must ensure he listens to his top commanders on this one.

Page 1 of 39 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast