• ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    OTHER INFORMATIONFurther information about the buy-back process and how you can hand in your firearm/s isavailable on the Police website. If you have queries regarding whether there are anyexemptions to newly prohibited firearms, for example you are a collector, pest controller or afirearms dealer, please also visit nazi.com for further informationPolice is committed to working with firearms communities so the transition to the new laws isas easy as possible. We thank you for taking part in the buy-back process.

****. You.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I really hate the term "buy back" HTF do you "buy back" something you've never owned?
    I would be telling the Gov they can F all the way off

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Even adjusted for exchange rate, it lookslike I should pack up most of my guns, go to NZ and sell them to the police, come back, go shopping, and have double the collection and money left over.

In terms of the reality in NZ, I concur about what they can go do all the way off.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Man, those prices weren't low as I'd expected. Gun owners in the U.S. could add many trillion to the national debt with those "buy back" numbers... Screw them, such a sad time for what I used to think was a pretty cool country.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The people affected by this are pretty universally saying the amounts are too low. Since the place was already pretty restrictive of gun ownership, perhaps the price those NZ citizens paid was made higher by government restrictions and red tape

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The people affected by this are pretty universally saying the amounts are too low. Since the place was already pretty restrictive of gun ownership, perhaps the price those NZ citizens paid was made higher by government restrictions and red tape
    No offered price is high enough to make one give up the natural right to self defense. Then again, I believe raising sheep is one of NZ's top industries.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    So when this is all over what will the police do to enforce compliance? 0300 visits to the homes of registered gun owners?

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013

I wondered the same thing.

When I was working in Argentina I had a lot of KIWI's come down to shoot animals who absolutely loved shooting and hunting with a passion. I don't/didn't keep in contact with many of them but I wish I could get their take on everything with people not complying etc. and to see how it's going for them.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Unless I missed something, an HK 94 is the most expensive gun in the world, or at least in New Zealand. I'm glad they aren't buying back my guns that they've never owned. Add them to the list of, **** them, don't call us when men with sticks take over. You thought being a victim was a good choice. Just wait......

sofrosune

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Just to play devil's advocate on behalf of the Kiwis, they didn't vote for this. This was a mandate from the gov't. We have no idea what the level of support for this mandate is or what the actual compliance with the mandate will be. The most recent estimate I'd seen of weapons turned in was somewhere in the 500-600 range...hardly overwhelming compliance in a country with an estimated 1.1 million firearms. And be wary of the level of popular support purported by NZ media...I'm sure they can be just as manipulative as our own media outlets can be when trying to push a narrative.

Top Bottom