Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

User Info Menu

To the where's the money coming from crowd, what I think I understand of the plan is this.

There's no ' new ' money being collected. The money is already being spent, it's about redirecting the hell out of it .
    Things like stopping a lot of foreign interventions , etc .

The idea is there's a whole lot of automation coming coupled with the results of **** parenting , etc. People don't have common sense anymore., nobody wants to work the blue collar jobs , reasons.

Short and sweet, there's a whole lot of problems coming rapidly. We simply can't fix the mess all at once.
    What we can do is try to reduce the amount of stress and suffering that will come because we all know how most folks react to change .

The $ 1, 000 would pay the most stressful bill most folks have , housing . The person could pay medical bills or whatever . The point is by reducing the amount of stress people are under we wind up with a nicer society.

The weather is getting screwy , geopolitics aren't getting easier , to quote my favorite superhero, ' you ****ed this planet into a coma ! '
    It isn't serendipity , it's willful genocide .

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2ADMNLOVER View Post
    To the where's the money coming from crowd, what I think I understand of the plan is this.

There's no ' new ' money being collected. The money is already being spent, it's about redirecting the hell out of it .
    Things like stopping a lot of foreign interventions , etc . '
    Yang explained on last night's news that it would be funded by a 10% Value Added Tax to all goods and services.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news...ew-62436933903
    Last edited by KMaC; 06-22-2019 at 21:17.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ark View Post
    The second is that I don't *really* believe all the other assistance programs will actually be discontinued. What happens when Mom blows all $1,000 on lotto tickets and booze and gets evicted with the kids? Are we just gonna say "tough ****, you got your $1,000, if you squander it you and your children suffer the consequences"? Doubtful.
    Like if we establish a program to feed kids and call it Aid to Dependent Children and base the assistance on number of kids and Mom has to make less than a specified amount.
    Then we create a program to subsidize food cost and call it Food Stamps and Mom still gets her original ADC payment amount even though her food costs went down.
    But kids still come to school hungry so we create a School Lunch program for needy kids. Mom still gets to keep her allotment and spend it as she sees fit.
    Then kids are hungry in the summer so we create a Summer Lunch program and Mom never has to pay for her kids food.
    Taxpayers feel good about paying for hungry kids and Mom feels good about extra discretionary money she has now. Win - win for everybody.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KMaC View Post
    Yang explained on last night's news that it would be funded by a 10% Value Added Tax to all goods and services.
    Well kiss my ***. What a fresh idea. I have a better one though. Instead of adding to my tax burden, why don't you dive into the sea of spending we currently do and find the money there.

KG1
    Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KMaC View Post
    I think I understand the real plan. I knew there would be a tax proposal in the plan.

User Info Menu

It wouldn't even come close to covering my taxes and they'd just tax me more to 'give' it to me. Typical greedy liberal take on what's mine is mine and whats yours is mine.
    Thor himself has spoken, mere mortals must make it so. - bradmedic04

User Info Menu

These people have the nerve to, out of one side of their mouth, say tariffs on China are hurting the economy but out of the other side of their mouth somehow a new 10% tax on consumption (without lessening the tax burden elsewhere) won't be a drag on the economy

It's Chavez's plan wrapped in prettier language, they think there are enough poor and lazy people near the bottom of the socio-economic strata that by directly buying their vote with wealth transfer they see a path to power. Even with oil wealth, Chavez and the Maduro found out Thatcher was right. And when push comes to shove, the elite aren't giving up their cush - so get off the streets
    Who knew liberty would contain so many stems and seeds

User Info Menu

Who knew liberty would contain so many stems and seeds

Master

User Info Menu

Why not $10,000 a month?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PistolBob View Post
    Why not $10,000 a month?
    The idea isn't to make slaves it's to lesson the load , which in turn hopefully means that society would have a better chance to at withstanding the coming changes.

It isn't serendipity , it's willful genocide .

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast