• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Not a fan of this program. What happens when I want to buy a gun with this Libra crap and the Facebook punks say, "No way"?

Or decides your think is wrong, and bans you. You can’t log in, and in turn, can’t access your money. That would be like getting an email “ hi, here at chase bank we believe in the rights of the downtrodden. We have been made aware that you disagree with ___________ group and are therefore terminating your access to our services because you are an awful person. Any funds currently in your account will from this point on be inaccessible. Good day, you horrible person.”

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Or decides your think is wrong, and bans you. You can’t log in, and in turn, can’t access your money. That would be like getting an email “ hi, here at chase bank we believe in the rights of the downtrodden. We have been made aware that you disagree with ___________ group and are therefore terminating your access to our services because you are an awful person. Any funds currently in your account will from this point on be inaccessible. Good day, you horrible person.”

Yes, sir. I'm all for businesses and the market dictating innovation, but this Facebook currency has me scared ****less. Facebook has already shown they can't be impartial or trusted with information, yet we're supposed to have faith in them to develop a fair and proper monetary system?

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    We could just decide that Facebook sucks and stop using it...

Have you ever heard of "Shadow Profiles"? Even if you're not a Facebook user, there's a good chance Facebook knows you exist.

If you have a friend that's on Facebook and say they share their phone contacts with them, if you're in those contacts, Facebook is going to have your phone number, email, and any other information your buddy saved. Facebook and their android leader scare the **** out of me.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    A cryptocurrency with none of the fundamental strengths of crypto, that functions as a fiat currency fully under the control of a single corporation. I'm not too worried. Don't let that wet fart knock you over.

Regulation is coming. People are pissed at Facebook, Google, Twitter and the rest for their black hole of ever-increasing power and control.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    And maybe that will work out for the best; maybe, as Facebook maintains, Libra will give access to the global economy to people who currently do not have bank accounts, to the billions who have been left out of the era of internet commerce.

Terrorists will love it.

Top Bottom