• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Okay. Let’s extend the logic. There can be no “business owners” at all now, not just sports team owners, because that implies the employees are slaves. You know, because “owner” being applied to an employer can only mean the owner “owns” the employee. And especially in the NBA, not like the employee/sports star can quit his slave job earning $millions and leave the plantation.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    No one with any sense speaks up because they’re afraid they’d be canceled by the mob. And they’re right. They would be canceled.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    This is so ridiculous. I was talking to the wife about it this morning and she's as amazed as I am. People offended by something like this are actively looking to be offended. No reasonable person is upset over something so innocuous. BTW, it was team owner, just like it's company owner. The ownership is not of the players or employees unless one has a very skewed version of reality (or are looking to be offended). Just my :twocents:

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    In the race for “equality” maybe everything should be based on racial percentages to make it equal. Basketball, football, baseball teams should follow the percentages of the Actual population.
    Wouldn't that actually be equality ?
    Not sure what the make up would need to be, maybe 12% black, 5% Hispanic, 2% Asian, and the balance of the team white ?
    Well, and 50% would obviously be women.
    Just trying to make everything equal you know...

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Just looked at census data, and I guess they would need 17% Hispanic on those teams.

And how are women a minority ? There are millions more women in the US as opposed to men. It appears as though Alaska has more men than women 51% to 49% but all other states are either 50/50 or more women.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This is so ridiculous. I was talking to the wife about it this morning and she's as amazed as I am. People offended by something like this are actively looking to be offended. No reasonable person is upset over something so innocuous. BTW, it was team owner, just like it's company owner. The ownership is not of the players or employees unless one has a very skewed version of reality (or are looking to be offended). Just my :twocents:

Looking to be offended is the new way. Get on board or you will be offensive.

Man I am glad my days grow shorter in number. This place is truly lost its way.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I wish I was a rich athlete so I had something to ***** about.

Top Bottom