Oregon Governor Orders State Police to Apprehend Republican State Senators.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    .... Because they left in order to prevent a vote on climate change legislation.

Similar to that thing Democrats did in Indy a few years back.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I'm not a big fan of referendums. The citizenry is, by and large, ignorant of a lot of things and way too easily influenced. Prove me wrong.

While a representative republic has its flaws, I'll take it any day. Honestly "get something done" is a horrible goal of government. We should embrace gridlock.

So now in Oregon if you don’t show up for work the State Police are going to be dispatched ?

Does you job happen to be as a legislator where you swore an oath to represent your constituents?

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I'm not a big fan of referendums. The citizenry is, by and large, ignorant of a lot of things and way too easily influenced. Prove me wrong.

While a representative republic has its flaws, I'll take it any day. Honestly "get something done" is a horrible goal of government. We should embrace gridlock.

Does you job happen to be as a legislator where you swore an oath to represent your constituents?

Another good point, but what prevents the minority party from never attending? Much like this instance, what keeps them from avoiding it until their party is the majority? The threat of not being re-elected? As you said, the citizenry is ignorant, and would have no problem voting those people back in.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Another good point, but what prevents the minority party from never attending? Much like this instance, what keeps them from avoiding it until their party is the majority? The threat of not being re-elected? As you said, the citizenry is ignorant, and would have no problem voting those people back in.

State Police.

Again, this situation is hardly unique. It seems pretty archaic to run away and then send police to arrest legislators....but streamlined efficiency is not what I expect, or what I want, when it comes to passing more laws.

Last edited:

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    State Police.

Again, this situation is hardly unique. It seems pretty archaic to run away and then send police to arrest legislators....but streamlined efficiency is not what I expect, or what I want, when it comes to passing more laws.

And the state police actually have legal authority to do so?

Sorry if thats a stupid question, I genuinely have never heard of this happening. Ive done my best to avoid politics until a few years ago.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Oh, and...

Flashback: Then Senator Kate Brown supported a walkout in 2001

Oregon House Democrats walked out to foil the majorities of Republicans in both the House and the Senate in a redistricting effort. It paid off because it ultimately threw the redistricting to the Secretary of State, who was a Democrat. Some of those House Democrats are now Senate Democrats, and the Senate minority leader (Democrat) back then is now the Governor.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The people who will be affected by this the most will be the connected contractors and administrators who will receive the Niagra of taxpayer gold for a working nothing.

I would imagine they are using the real way to get things done by buying the laws through powerful law/lobby firms.

Always follow the money

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus

Quite the contrary, the internet has shown just how foolish people, as a group, are: Boaty McBoatface, Floaty McFloatface, Yeet Cannon, and California for specific examples. Facebook and youtube for more generalized ones.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    While I don't support the minority group fleeing like this, at the same time I definitely support anything that sinks these ridiculous climate bills. Hoping they can all stay hidden until 7/1.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    For **** sake, these people.

Oregon GOP Senators Disavow Militia Group Amid Standoff With Governor

See, this is the problem. Petty keyboard warriors read headlines and threads like the title on this one... and think "THIS IS IT... THEY'RE TRYING TO ARREST THE GOP... THIS IS MY HILL!"

So now we have a heavily armed presence in Oregon

After Gov. Kate Brown tapped state troopers to try to bring back the wayward senators, a gun-toting militia called the Three Percenters vowed to do “whatever it takes” to defend them from state police.

Hilariously enough, "The_Donald", a very hard-right subreddit... has been quarantined because it was choc-full of calls for violence regarding their misunderstanding/interpretation of this situation.

D-AkKmDWwAcA9ev.jpg:small

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

See, this is the problem. Petty keyboard warriors read headlines and threads like the title on this one... and think "THIS IS IT... THEY'RE TRYING TO ARREST THE GOP... THIS IS MY HILL!"

Hilariously enough, "The_Donald", a very hard-right subreddit... has been quarantined because it was choc-full of calls for violence regarding their misunderstanding/interpretation of this situation.

Anyone surprised by this?

If the "others" try to bring the Senators back, their "fascists"- if some Republican out there tried to do the same thing, he'd be a hero for forcing them to do their job.

This is aggressively idiotic.

3 percenters.....puh-leeze

How soon we forget:

https://madison.com/wsj/news/local/...cle_8d9ad090-45bd-11e0-bf68-001cc4c03286.html

Senate Republicans Thursday ordered the forcible detention of their 14 Democratic colleagues, who fled the state two weeks ago to avoid a vote on Gov. Scott Walker's controversial budget repair bill.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

So the GOP is required to participate in a Pickett's Charge and enable the enactment of a disastrous bill because; why?

They are doing what they can to land their wooden shoes in the runaway machinery of StateGov, using a strategy that has been used before by both sides, and because they won't just lie back and enjoy it they're being criticized!

Top Bottom