Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Expert

User Info Menu

I heard ICE in Indy is asking random people for papers. Any truth to this?

I know a woman who is organizing a protest for migrants, illegals, etc and she says she is hearing about ICE or other LEO stopping random people and asking for papers or proof of citizenship. I don't believe this to be true. But wanted to hear from others. Anyone hearing anything?

Jason

User Info Menu

Something to cause outrage to get attendance up.

Quote Originally Posted by SkinNFluff View Post
    At a family gathering, my sister was getting ready to leave. She walked up and gave me a hug and said "Your phone is poking me." I smiled and replied simply with "That's not my phone".
    Quote Originally Posted by Leggdpms View Post
    ...he said alright sir and shaked my hard and said he has respect...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow8088 View Post
    I cocked my head to the side a little and was admiring his piece.
    Quote Originally Posted by JettaKnight View Post
    And seriously, where are those testicles being served? I want to just shove a handful into my mouth.

User Info Menu

Yeah, color me skeptical.
    Resident Warning Shot Statist.

User Info Menu

I don't know the answer to your question, but you might show her the actual number of ICE removals by year...

Here are the numbers for the last year of Bush and then the 8 years of Obama:

Here are the numbers for the first two years of Trump:

2017 226119
    2018 256085

For all the gnashing of teeth, Trump's numbers are way below Obama's peak years and pretty much the same as his final year.

Source: https://www.ice.gov/removal-statistics/2016

Other things you won't hear in the media:

Last edited by rob63; 06-25-2019 at 11:38.
    INGO - too small for a republic, too large for an insane asylum.

User Info Menu

I hope they're only asking people with a darker skin tone than me....but not too dark.
    ​Bullies suck. They also make you stronger.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HoughMade View Post
    I hope they're only asking people with a darker skin tone than me....but not too dark.
    Would you like a ladle for that stir?
    Resident Warning Shot Statist.

User Info Menu

Of course they're asking random people for identification and proof of citizenship.
    That's what you do in a concentration camp and Trump has turned the entire country into a Nazi compound.

The wild dogs cry out in the night as they grow restless, longing for some solitary company.

Ark

User Info Menu

As I understand it, ICE was working on a big enforcement push to serve outstanding orders in a number of cities that got suspended at the last minute due to backlash early this week. Might be related to that, but Indy wasn't on that list. Who knows whether something a random person on the street tells you is true.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ark View Post
    As I understand it, ICE was working on a big enforcement push to serve outstanding orders in a number of cities that got suspended at the last minute due to backlash early this week. Might be related to that, but Indy wasn't on that list. Who knows whether something a random person on the street tells you is true.
    Things a random person may tell you...like Elvis hangs out at the 7/11?
    Government and pedophiles both practice buggering those powerless to defend themselves.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by T.Lex View Post
    Yeah, color me skeptical.
    Color me hopeful that someone is doing something

NRA Life Member / Basic Pistol instructor / RSO

"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard"
    Unnamed Navy Seal

“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public”

Aron Bright

Any man can make mistakes but only and idiot persists in his error.. Cicero 200 BC

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast