Kokomo area

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Who died and left you in charge you black, armor headed midget? :):

I am the dark sith lord of...of...oh, hell. I dunno. Thread organizers?

But. Given the common theme...

Anyway, since it’s here, might as well throw my 2 pennies in. Posting about news concerning potential mishandling of funds isn’t anti-NRA. And past NRA performance isn’t evidence of future performance. It’s as if the past victories somehow entitles the NRA to do anything it wants with our money now, without criticism or oversight.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Perhaps one should read at least part of the article.........maybe this part

[FONT=&amp]"An NRA spokesman said the idea to buy the house was proposed by the late Angus McQueen, then co-CEO of the ad firm, as an investment that would be owned by senior Ackerman executives. “The deal was vetoed by the NRA after its full terms—including Ackerman’s intent to spend NRA money—became known to Wayne LaPierre,” said William A. Brewer III, an outside NRA attorney. “Not a cent of NRA money was ultimately spent. Any suggestion to the contrary is untrue."[/FONT]

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    Perhaps one should read at least part of the article.........maybe this part

[FONT=&amp]"An NRA spokesman said the idea to buy the house was proposed by the late Angus McQueen, then co-CEO of the ad firm, as an investment that would be owned by senior Ackerman executives. “The deal was vetoed by the NRA after its full terms—including Ackerman’s intent to spend NRA money—became known to Wayne LaPierre,” said William A. Brewer III, an outside NRA attorney. “Not a cent of NRA money was ultimately spent. Any suggestion to the contrary is untrue."[/FONT]

​Having known Wayne personally for many years this is pretty much the reaction I would expect from him.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    So LaPierre was OK with being given exclusive use of a house belonging to a sub-contractor, likely in violation of tax laws; but didn't believe there would be something in it for Ackerman-McQueen to make it worth their while? The head of a lobbying group didn't know how that sort of thing works? The information just lends credence to the leaks about his clothing and other expenses passed through to the organization, the man wanted to be treated like a Fortune 500 CEO not like a
    political activist. At what point did defending the 2A become just a (ridiculously lucrative) job for him and his cronies

He has to go, and so do his cronies

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I am the dark sith lord of...of...oh, hell. I dunno. Thread organizers?

But. Given the common theme...

Anyway, since it’s here, might as well throw my 2 pennies in. Posting about news concerning potential mishandling of funds isn’t anti-NRA. And past NRA performance isn’t evidence of future performance. It’s as if the past victories somehow entitles the NRA to do anything it wants with our money now, without criticism or oversight.

I especially like this alibi:

“The deal was vetoed by the NRA after its full terms—including Ackerman’s intent to spend NRA money—became known to Wayne LaPierre,” said William A. Brewer III, an outside NRA attorney. “Not a cent of NRA money was ultimately spent. Any suggestion to the contrary is untrue."

As if a dirty, underhanded deal between the head of our organization and a sub-contractor would somehow be OK unless NRA money ended up being spent - as if being so firmly in bed with A-McQ wouldn't affect decisions on how other monies got spent and review of whether existing subcontractors were indeed the best choices for the missions they were/are given

And people wonder why there are so many less-than-flattering lawyer jokes

Top Bottom