• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Sorry, thought I could paste the article but couldn’t figure out how. Perhaps someone can help.

An athlete from the US team took a knee on the awards podium of the Pan Am games to symbolize his frustration re: “ rascism, gun control, the mistreatment of immigrants, and a President who spreads hate.” He was censored by the Pan Am officials. Once again we see the lack of respect demonstrated by a self centered individual who apparently thinks his personal beliefs trump ( no pun intended ) the honor and prestige being bestowed by an organization.

Another athlete also took the opportunity to make a political statement of similar vein.

Last edited:

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Sorry, thought I could paste the article but couldn’t figure out how. Perhaps someone can help.

An athlete from the US team took a knee on the awards podium of the Pan Am games to symbolize his frustration re: “ rascism, gun control, the mistreatment of immigrants, and a President who spreads hate.” He was censored by the Pan Am officials. Once again we see the lack of respect demonstrated by a self centered individual who apparently thinks his personal beliefs trump ( no pun intended ) the honor and prestige being bestowed by an organization.

Another athlete also took the opportunity to make a political statement of similar vein.

The first amendment gives him that right.

The seconds gives me the right to defend myself against minds like his.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    If you're only gonna get 15 minutes, make it count.

ETA:

It sounds like he was listing all the bad things he was frustrated with - racism, mistreatment, gun control. I'm frustrated by those things, too.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    This isn't the first time he's pulled this stunt. Whether he likes it or not, when he chooses to represent this country he gets to represent the good and the bad. He can't pick and choose which aspects he represents; it's the whole enchilada.

Personally I don't want this piece of excrement representing me if he isn't man enough to do the job right.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    This isn't the first time he's pulled this stunt. Whether he likes it or not, when he chooses to represent this country he gets to represent the good and the bad. He can't pick and choose which aspects he represents; it's the whole enchilada.

Personally I don't want this piece of excrement representing me if he isn't man enough to do the job right.

Seems to me that he is - representing the country, both good and bad. And more than man enough to do so.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Seems to me that he is - representing the country, both good and bad. And more than man enough to do so.

How about "do your job and shutup"?

If I hired you to represent me and during that representation you bad mouthed me to the others... Yeah, you are getting fired.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    How about "do your job and shutup"?

If I hired you to represent me and during that representation you bad mouthed me to the others... Yeah, you are getting fired.

Well, I'm a professional. That dude's an amateur. ;)

But, he did his job. He won. He earned the right to stand on that dais and do whatever with that time that he wanted.

You hire someone, they do the job successfully for you, after the job is done they can say whatever they want about you. (Slander laws notwithstanding.)

Point being, let's assume his was actually articulate and WAS expression frustration with actual gun control laws. That is, he's actually a proponent of less gun control.

Wouldn't we all welcome that kind of protest?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    IKR? I thought that airline went under years ago!

As to the athlete in question, I don't know who it is and I'm not going to bother looking it.

May they live in anonymity.
    Smart move. He wants people to know who he is. That’s why he did it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    And if your country is so bad, maybe as athlete you shouldn't be representing it.

Think about what you just posted, in the context of the United States, and international competitions (specifically the Olympics) and tell me if you still believe what you wrote, or would like to amend it.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Well, I'm a professional. That dude's an amateur. ;)

But, he did his job. He won. He earned the right to stand on that dais and do whatever with that time that he wanted.

You hire someone, they do the job successfully for you, after the job is done they can say whatever they want about you. (Slander laws notwithstanding.)

Point being, let's assume his was actually articulate and WAS expression frustration with actual gun control laws. That is, he's actually a proponent of less gun control.

Wouldn't we all welcome that kind of protest?

I'd feel better if he whipped out an NRA hat, saluted the flag and called for National Reciprocity. The exploding heads on the Left would've been thunderous.

Top Bottom