Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 66
  1. #1
    Expert amboy49's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Athletes protest at Pan Am games

    Sorry, thought I could paste the article but couldn’t figure out how. Perhaps someone can help.

    An athlete from the US team took a knee on the awards podium of the Pan Am games to symbolize his frustration re: “ rascism, gun control, the mistreatment of immigrants, and a President who spreads hate.” He was censored by the Pan Am officials. Once again we see the lack of respect demonstrated by a self centered individual who apparently thinks his personal beliefs trump ( no pun intended ) the honor and prestige being bestowed by an organization.

    Another athlete also took the opportunity to make a political statement of similar vein.
    Last edited by amboy49; 08-12-2019 at 05:55.

  2. #2
    Expert

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by amboy49 View Post
    Sorry, thought I could paste the article but couldn’t figure out how. Perhaps someone can help.

    An athlete from the US team took a knee on the awards podium of the Pan Am games to symbolize his frustration re: “ rascism, gun control, the mistreatment of immigrants, and a President who spreads hate.” He was censored by the Pan Am officials. Once again we see the lack of respect demonstrated by a self centered individual who apparently thinks his personal beliefs trump ( no pun intended ) the honor and prestige being bestowed by an organization.

    Another athlete also took the opportunity to make a political statement of similar vein.
    The first amendment gives him that right.

    The seconds gives me the right to defend myself against minds like his.

  3. #3
    Grandmaster T.Lex's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    If you're only gonna get 15 minutes, make it count.

    ETA:

    It sounds like he was listing all the bad things he was frustrated with - racism, mistreatment, gun control. I'm frustrated by those things, too.
    Resident Warning Shot Statist.

  4. #4
    Grandmaster femurphy77's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    This isn't the first time he's pulled this stunt. Whether he likes it or not, when he chooses to represent this country he gets to represent the good and the bad. He can't pick and choose which aspects he represents; it's the whole enchilada.

    Personally I don't want this piece of excrement representing me if he isn't man enough to do the job right.
    Yes I am for gun control!! A firm grip, steady aim, and a gentle squeeze!!

    What comes after your first "infraction"? Double Secret Probation perhaps???

  5. #5
    Grandmaster T.Lex's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by femurphy77 View Post
    This isn't the first time he's pulled this stunt. Whether he likes it or not, when he chooses to represent this country he gets to represent the good and the bad. He can't pick and choose which aspects he represents; it's the whole enchilada.

    Personally I don't want this piece of excrement representing me if he isn't man enough to do the job right.
    Seems to me that he is - representing the country, both good and bad. And more than man enough to do so.
    Resident Warning Shot Statist.

  6. #6
    Master Jludo's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Have to bring attention to the fact that there are pan am games.

  7. #7
    I still care....Really
    churchmouse's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Jludo View Post
    Have to bring attention to the fact that there are pan am games.
    Any hype is good hype.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

    Forum Rules

    Classified Rules

    FAQ

    http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

  8. #8
    INGO Homebrewer JettaKnight's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Jludo View Post
    Have to bring attention to the fact that there are pan am games.
    IKR? I thought that airline went under years ago!



    As to the athlete in question, I don't know who it is and I'm not going to bother looking it.

    May they live in anonymity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
    Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?

  9. #9
    INGO Clown printcraft's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by T.Lex View Post
    Seems to me that he is - representing the country, both good and bad. And more than man enough to do so.
    How about "do your job and shutup"?

    If I hired you to represent me and during that representation you bad mouthed me to the others... Yeah, you are getting fired.
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinNFluff View Post
    At a family gathering, my sister was getting ready to leave. She walked up and gave me a hug and said "Your phone is poking me." I smiled and replied simply with "That's not my phone".
    Quote Originally Posted by Leggdpms View Post
    ...he said alright sir and shaked my hard and said he has respect...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow8088 View Post
    I cocked my head to the side a little and was admiring his piece.
    Quote Originally Posted by JettaKnight View Post
    And seriously, where are those testicles being served? I want to just shove a handful into my mouth.

  10. #10
    Grandmaster T.Lex's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by printcraft View Post
    How about "do your job and shutup"?

    If I hired you to represent me and during that representation you bad mouthed me to the others... Yeah, you are getting fired.
    Well, I'm a professional. That dude's an amateur.

    But, he did his job. He won. He earned the right to stand on that dais and do whatever with that time that he wanted.

    You hire someone, they do the job successfully for you, after the job is done they can say whatever they want about you. (Slander laws notwithstanding.)

    Point being, let's assume his was actually articulate and WAS expression frustration with actual gun control laws. That is, he's actually a proponent of less gun control.

    Wouldn't we all welcome that kind of protest?
    Resident Warning Shot Statist.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Button Dodge