Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

User Info Menu

Dogs bark, snakes bite liberals lie. They will say anything they can to get elected then do what they really intended no matter what they said or you think.
    Thor himself has spoken, mere mortals must make it so. - bradmedic04

Sharpshooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SmileDocHill View Post
    I don't get Democrats being big business. All sub-flavors of democrats seem to push their "profit is evil" ideals to all their followers.
    They spout the talking points but love the controls big tech give them and big labor business loves the open borders. And let's face it those companies are not looking for freedom, the big tech wants to be part of the world governance, as indicated by jumping into bed with communist governments. Big labor business just want cheap labor. They both know they can handle the regulations they write better than the small business.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    Dogs bark, snakes bite politicians lie. They will say anything they can to get elected then do what they really intended no matter what they said or you think.
    Slight edit and I fully agree.
    Putting firearms' contribution back in our history makes a more complete telling. Teaching marksmanship in that context deepens the understanding. Revere's Riders, because history involved guns!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Leadeye View Post
    Other than paying law/lobby organizations we really can't influence leadership and it's direction other than by voting, something we do about every two years. While I can't speak for others it's been a pretty easy decision for me in recent history, I vote for the pro gun candidate. After that, I don't give it much thought. While I'll have some differences of opinion with whoever the candidate is I vote for, the system limits my choices.
    That is one of our big issues. I'm with you that voting on gun issues is nearly the top of my list, as that's an issue that will actually affect us in our day to day lives.

However if we are going to have a democracy in the modern era maybe we need to vote on issues and not politicians. As it stands now you have to pick your most important issue when voting. It doesnt matter if you disagree with the candidate on every other issue. Your choice becomes, vote for the party and get your issue positions from the party, or balance which issues you're willing to vote against in order to vote for the issues you want more. It's a cluster**** perpetuated by the two party system.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I think big business used to side with Republicans because back in the 80s and 90s they were on the side of deregulation, which helped them make profits. But by the 2010s many industries have consolidated, through mergers, into a small number of mega companies which learned the art of perfecting lobbying. Now, they want regulation because the legislators are too stupid to understand the complexities of these industries and hand off the details of writing the legislation to the lobbyists working on behalf of the companies Congress is trying to regulate. Therefore regulation will now benefit the big business megacompanies like Google because they will be writing any legislation, and can word it in a way that favors them but destroys potential competitors.

User Info Menu

Sheep vote for Dem's and lemmings vote for Repub's

Expert

User Info Menu

One party would consider a person with half a brain as "handicapped" while the other would consider them "gifted", you decide which...
    I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous...

User Info Menu

On a related note, I participated in a phone poll last night. One of the questions was that there is a proposal to make the Mayor a non partisan office. (and maybe the council too) People will just run, but not as A D/R/L/etc.

I was like "Yeah, right. That'll work. NOT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by olhorseman View Post
    Sheep vote for Dem's and lemmings vote for Repub's
    You left out the stoners voting for Libertarians.

Sharpshooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jludo View Post

However if we are going to have a democracy in the modern era maybe we need to vote on issues and not politicians. As it stands now you have to pick your most important issue when voting. It doesnt matter if you disagree with the candidate on every other issue. Your choice becomes, vote for the party and get your issue positions from the party, or balance which issues you're willing to vote against in order to vote for the issues you want more. It's a cluster**** perpetuated by the two party system.
    And then we have exactly what the framers were trying to prevent with our constitutional republic a democracy, which is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to eat for lunch...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast