Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31
  1. #11
    Master Spear Dane's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Twangbanger View Post
    I haven't listened to Shapiro before, but his conversational style here seems very "blurting" in nature. Is he always like that? It didn't generate interest for me to listen more. I'm a "linear-melody musical approach" kinda person, and he just seems like he throws random cymbal clashes all over the place. He's supposed to be this great debater, but I don't find him that effective, based on this one video.

    Dude you are soooooo wrong.
    Justin B. - "Make them watch Wonder Woman. They'll molon labe after that!"

  2. #12
    I still care....Really
    churchmouse's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Spear Dane View Post
    Dude you are soooooo wrong.
    Agreed.
    Everyone has their own likes/dislikes. Me, I seriously hate this entire process. Some of the idiocy that spews from the mouths of the left leaning progressives is somewhat painful to hear. I am just amazed and then confused and in the end sad.
    Shapiro drives his points home like a laser beam. And yet many the beam just bounces off.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

    Forum Rules

    Classified Rules

    FAQ

    http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

  3. #13
    Master Jludo's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    I posted this in another thread but it's Shapiro up against Harris, it's more interesting to see Shapiro go up against someone with more intellectual firepower.


  4. #14
    Master Jludo's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    Agreed.
    Everyone has their own likes/dislikes. Me, I seriously hate this entire process. Some of the idiocy that spews from the mouths of the left leaning progressives is somewhat painful to hear. I am just amazed and then confused and in the end sad.
    Shapiro drives his points home like a laser beam. And yet many the beam just bounces off.
    I think you're just paying attention to the wrong mouths on the left, Eric Weinstein and Sam Harris are intelligent liberal thinkers worth listening to.
    The problem today us that the loudest and most controversial voices are what you'll see most in the mainstream.

    Someone on the left might make the same complaint about conservatives, they might point to Sean Hannity or Rush Limbaugh as sabre rattling partisans. They might not know about a Ben Shapiro.

    That and traditional party lines are breaking down, most of the compelling intellectual don't fit neatly into the conservative or liberal label, with good reason I'd argue.

  5. #15
    I still care....Really
    churchmouse's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Jludo View Post
    I think you're just paying attention to the wrong mouths on the left, Eric Weinstein and Sam Harris are intelligent liberal thinkers worth listening to.
    The problem today us that the loudest and most controversial voices are what you'll see most in the mainstream.

    Someone on the left might make the same complaint about conservatives, they might point to Sean Hannity or Rush Limbaugh as sabre rattling partisans. They might not know about a Ben Shapiro.

    That and traditional party lines are breaking down, most of the compelling intellectual don't fit neatly into the conservative or liberal label, with good reason I'd argue.
    Truth here. It just seems the latest batch of college grads are all pushing towards a socialism form of Gov and that is just scary. The movement has always been here.
    My issue is being a fairly busy person with projects/family and other lifes issues. I have to choose where I use my energy's and spending it on doing the research you folks do is not one of my choices. This does seem to put a limit on my ability's to have a broader view of the world as it now is. But in this I do a lot of reading in many of the links you people provide. I find out a lot. I also find many of you are very well versed in the opinions you hold regardless of my agreeing or not. Something is gained from all info I see. It either solidify's my existing views/opinions or it gives me pause to reflect.

    I have been doing a lot of reflecting of late.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

    Forum Rules

    Classified Rules

    FAQ

    http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

  6. #16
    Grandmaster jamil's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill of Rights View Post
    I fell in a youtube hole (you know, where you watch this, and it leads to that and that leads to another....) and I stumbled onto this interview.

    Dave Rubin, whose name I knew and little else about him, interviewed and chatted with Ben Shapiro, a conservative libertarian (note both words lower case is intentional) in 2016 on gay marriage, gun control, and Piers Morgan.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rQ_mphb7HU

    It was only after this ~half hour interview was concluded that I read that Mr. Rubin is mostly liberal (though that was briefly mentioned during the chat) and that he also is a gay man.

    This is what these conversations should look like. No one got riled, no one raised voices, no one called names.
    This was a decent, refreshing example of how things can go when there is mutual respect for the other person's opinion, which does not require agreement with that opinion.

    I liked Shapiro's work even before seeing this; I listen to his podcasts once or twice a week or so. Very impressive.

    Blessings,
    Bill
    Welcome to the intellectual dark web. Glad you found it.
    -spreading the word to end the r-word is retarded
    -activism is retarded because, what if youíre full of ****?

  7. #17
    Master Jludo's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    Truth here. It just seems the latest batch of college grads are all pushing towards a socialism form of Gov and that is just scary. The movement has always been here.
    My issue is being a fairly busy person with projects/family and other lifes issues. I have to choose where I use my energy's and spending it on doing the research you folks do is not one of my choices. This does seem to put a limit on my ability's to have a broader view of the world as it now is. But in this I do a lot of reading in many of the links you people provide. I find out a lot. I also find many of you are very well versed in the opinions you hold regardless of my agreeing or not. Something is gained from all info I see. It either solidify's my existing views/opinions or it gives me pause to reflect.

    I have been doing a lot of reflecting of late.
    One of my biggest fears in getting older is that my ideas or positions will calcify in a certain place, as the science we have around the aging brain says we naturally become more rigid and less plastic over time.
    I like being able to see older folks who make a concerted effort to keep an open mind, gives me hope for myself growing up hah thank you for that churchmouse

  8. #18
    Master Jludo's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by jamil View Post
    Welcome to the intellectual dark web. Glad you found it.
    Wasn't Rubin teetering on the edge of the IDW there for a bit, before this recent hiatus?

  9. #19
    Grandmaster Cameramonkey's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Jludo View Post
    I think you're just paying attention to the wrong mouths on the left, Eric Weinstein and Sam Harris are intelligent liberal thinkers worth listening to.
    The problem today us that the loudest and most controversial voices are what you'll see most in the mainstream.

    Someone on the left might make the same complaint about conservatives, they might point to Sean Hannity or Rush Limbaugh as sabre rattling partisans. They might not know about a Ben Shapiro.

    That and traditional party lines are breaking down, most of the compelling intellectual don't fit neatly into the conservative or liberal label, with good reason I'd argue.
    Yeah, I dont fit neatly into any boxes. I'm a Libertarian that understands some taxation is necessary, open borders are a ridiculous concept, and abortion is wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

  10. #20
    Grandmaster jamil's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Jludo View Post
    Wasn't Rubin teetering on the edge of the IDW there for a bit, before this recent hiatus?
    Well, he seemed to go through a rough time. The far right and the far left kinda tag teamed him for a bit there. And then it didnít help to have the tiff with the Quillette faction.

    I guess I donít really see him as much an intellectual member of the IDW as a platform for them and discussions of their ideas. I think Ruben is a very good interviewer in his style of getting people to talk out their ideas.

    -spreading the word to end the r-word is retarded
    -activism is retarded because, what if youíre full of ****?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Button Dodge