Some idiot tries to make the case that America should allow others to vote .

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    https://www.independent.co.uk/voice...liXXvOpty_xtc-4MdjMqreV2KEjEoAKiBuvrqMWB--8KQ
    [h=1]America should allow other countries to vote in the 2020 election[/h][h=2]This is a country which calls itself 'leader of the Free World' and has huge global influence in terms of foreign policy and economics. Now that Trump won't acknowledge basic things like climate change, it's time other countries had a say
    [/h]
    clemence-michallon.png

Some good in the comments though.
    Then we get to vote in everyone else's elections.
    And then those other countries have to live under our rules/laws. They have to allow guns, widen their streets for big trucks, and Dunkin Donuts on every corner.

mikebol

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2015
    Trafalgar
    So NOW it's ok for other countries to influence the election? Lemme guess... so long as they get the outcome they're after, right? This is beyond stupid...

Herr Vogel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2018
    Rossburg
    Are you really surprised? It's the only logical outcome.

Politicians are put in power by the people, or if you want to be a cynic about it, by the politicians ability to manipulate and motivate people to go to the polling booth and pull the lever with their name on it.
    In any representative system of government, the smaller the constituency, the better the representation. If your election is decided by your closest hundred and fifty family members, friends, and neighbors, people with whom you interact and on whom you rely on a day to day basis, people who know where you sleep, you're going to make very sure you don't unduly screw any of them over.
    However, if your election is decided by a group of a 1.5 million, then all of a sudden it becomes a numbers game. You can screw over as many people as you want, as long as you don't screw them all over at the same time. At the same time, it becomes easier to manipulate and motivate the constituency to vote for you, simply by playing to the lowest common denominator.
    Therefore, it is in the best interest of the politicians, in order to maintain their own power, that the constituency be as large as possible.

When this country was founded, the only people that could vote were (typically, as this was decided on a state-by-state level) white men in good legal standing who owned property or paid taxes. The constituency represented about 6% of the total population.
    Between the 1790s and 1850s the property requirements were abolished. The constituency grew.
    In 1870 non-whites were guaranteed the vote. The constituency grew.
    In 1913, senators became elected by the population rather than appointed by the states.
    In 1920, women were guaranteed the vote. The constituency grew.
    In 1971, voting age was lowered at 18. The constituency grew.
    And so on, and so forth, until you have effectively universal suffrage and full franchise democracy. And there are moralistic reasons for why that is preferable, which I'm certainly not here to argue against.

But it didn't stop there, did it?
    Now you've got these people campaigning let non-adults vote. You've got people campaigning to let felons vote. You've got people screaming how voter ID is racist. You've got California unabashedly letting non-citizens vote.
    And now this.

Again. Are you really surprised? It's the only logical outcome.

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    While I cannot attest to the “idiot remark”. I can say that it appears that someone was open carrying, Possibly legally. Was Over feared for probably 99.999% of humans on earth for Walmart (the 0.001% would be a swat team response to a Walmart) no threading actions were taken or made. Police may or may not have gotten there in time (I admit I only skimmed the story) so in the end. A lot of hoopla about nothing. Perhaps he was trying to prove a point or keep his companion safe while at Walmart. Who knows.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    While I cannot attest to the “idiot remark”. I can say that it appears that someone was open carrying, Possibly legally. Was Over feared for probably 99.999% of humans on earth for Walmart (the 0.001% would be a swat team response to a Walmart) no threading actions were taken or made. Police may or may not have gotten there in time (I admit I only skimmed the story) so in the end. A lot of hoopla about nothing. Perhaps he was trying to prove a point or keep his companion safe while at Walmart. Who knows.

Did you get the right thread?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Boy she’s really agonizing over the possibility that Trump might win another term. So much so that she wants to illicit outside help. The TDS is strong with this one.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Like the rest of the world, they just want us to pay, otherwise they could care less.

Always follow the money

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Most people around the world can't even vote for their own leader.
    Maybe we should start with that, have them vote in their country before they vote in others.

And then those other countries have to live under our rules/laws. They have to allow guns, widen their streets for big trucks, and Dunkin Donuts on every corner.

The world would be a better place!:rockwoot:

I could finally drive my dream truck ...

ram.jpg

We recently got a Burger King and a Subway in our local city, we're slowly getting there. :):

Top Bottom