• ...and so much more!
  • Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    A reporter was talking to James Merritt, Republican candidate for Indianapolis meyor, and he was talking about making Fall Creek and I think Keystone a toll road. There are so many taxes already to fund road repairs. And state matched grants. And lottery.
    So there's a state toll road that's supposed to help fund road repairs. And the governor raised taxes so we don't use any of its millions for, road repairs. Or even borrow against it in low interest bonds.
    I'm a Republican, but Republicans in Indiana have been putting people in place to screw Indiana. Remember. our governor, when he was lieutenant governor, wasn't even elected lieutenant governor.
    There's no temporary tax. There's no temporary toll road, and one leads to another. And toll money won't be used for roads. Time to squash this bug.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    The ITR (80/90) "Major Moves" money was distributed to the counties through which the toll road runs to the tune of $240 million so far. The ITR (private) mus invest $600 million is the toll road and the state is spending $3.8 billion in "Major Moves" spending, some on the toll road, some to the counties with the toll road and the rest to the rest of the state.

Down staters have extracted enough money from the toll road already.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    A reporter was talking to James Merritt, Republican candidate for Indianapolis meyor, and he was talking about making Fall Creek and I think Keystone a toll road. There are so many taxes already to fund road repairs. And state matched grants. And lottery.
    So there's a state toll road that's supposed to help fund road repairs. And the governor raised taxes so we don't use any of its millions for, road repairs. Or even borrow against it in low interest bonds.
    I'm a Republican, but Republicans in Indiana have been putting people in place to screw Indiana. Remember. our governor, when he was lieutenant governor, wasn't even elected lieutenant governor.
    There's no temporary tax. There's no temporary toll road, and one leads to another. And toll money won't be used for roads. Time to squash this bug.

Hey, now!

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    The ITR (80/90) "Major Moves" money was distributed to the counties through which the toll road runs to the tune of $240 million so far. The ITR (private) mus invest $600 million is the toll road and the state is spending $3.8 billion in "Major Moves" spending, some on the toll road, some to the counties with the toll road and the rest to the rest of the state.

You and all your facts and stuff. This is INGO.:dunno:

:):

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Joe Hog tells everybody what they want to hear, Merritt either doesn't have much personality or doesn't do well on TV. That alone would finish him in a big city election. As I remember wasn't he pushing legislation to force gun owners to buy insurance for something?

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    In addition to the gasoline tax to fund roads, didn't our license plate fees go up to cover road repair? Something to the tune of $15 per plate?

Makes me sick to see republican "hopefuls" pushing higher taxes to fix problems that they helped create.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    In a way toll roads are the fairest way to finance roads and repairs. It is a straight use tax.

Perhaps you should review the history of earlier examples, such as The New York State Thruway and The Ohio Turnpike with special attention to the patronage schemes that grew up around their executive commissions and employment. It seems impossible, in any example I'm aware of, to keep the revenues devoted to the stated purpose. Would you feel so good about it if your tolls went to build more roundabouts in Carmel?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    All I know is that I don't think I can stand any more road construction.

Any not a fan or more toll roads, but up here in the corner, when going east to west (or versa vise) across Lake and Porter counties and in and out of Chicago, the the couple of bucks must mean something to people because the Borman (80/94) is usually a mess and the toll road is usually wide open. Get the EZ Pass and forget about it.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Get the EZ Pass and forget about it.

Minor suggestion: Get the I-Pass. It works just like the EZ Pass, but there isn't a monthly fee.

I live southeast of Indianapolis, and I'm only in the tolling area a couple times per year. But since it only costs anything when I use it, it's worth having.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Minor suggestion: Get the I-Pass. It works just like the EZ Pass, but there isn't a monthly fee.

I live southeast of Indianapolis, and I'm only in the tolling area a couple times per year. But since it only costs anything when I use it, it's worth having.

IPass, EZ Pass, whatever- I only pay for what I use.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville

You and all your facts and stuff. This is INGO.:dunno:

:):

Hey, but he did get his feelz in along with all those unnecessary facts and stuff, so INGO! :ingo:

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    IPass, EZ Pass, whatever- I only pay for what I use.

During my recent visit to DPRMA (Democratic Peoples Republic of Massachusetts), I was thankful for our EZ Pass; it seems to be impossible to travel much in the northeast without driving a toll road.

With gasoline tax revenues declining (electric cars, hybrid vehicles, and increased MPG standards), consumption or use-based revenue collection seems to be the most fair. How we get there is another set of problems, though.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Joe Hog tells everybody what they want to hear, Merritt either doesn't have much personality or doesn't do well on TV. That alone would finish him in a big city election. As I remember wasn't he pushing legislation to force gun owners to buy insurance for something?

I know he was pushing for safe storage laws that require guns be unloaded or locked up when not in use, despite that having been previously ruled unconstitutional.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    During my recent visit to DPRMA (Democratic Peoples Republic of Massachusetts), I was thankful for our EZ Pass; it seems to be impossible to travel much in the northeast without driving a toll road.

With gasoline tax revenues declining (electric cars, hybrid vehicles, and increased MPG standards), consumption or use-based revenue collection seems to be the most fair. How we get there is another set of problems, though.

Whenever I drive through the "EZ Pass" only lanes, I feel like a member of a private club.....course when I get stuck behind and idiot who can't read a large, lit-up, purple and white sign that say "EZ Pass Only" and is trying to pay in cash or with a card....my baser instincts are revealed.

Top Bottom