• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    This thread is about the disparity between, not the rich and the working class, but between the people and their supposed betters.

I am starting it with this example of how this poor public spirited servant of the people has become extremely wealthy because of his position.

[h=1]The Amount Of Money Barry “Spread The Wealth” Is Making & Costing Taxpayers Is Infuriating … How Did He Get So Rich? Here’s What We’re Being Told …[/h]
    https://rightwingtribune.com/2019/09/02/spread-the-wealth/

There are a lot of examples and this is the place to expose/B**** about it.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well. The Obama's are making their money on the open market. People are willing to pay them to speak. According to the article, Barack got $1.3m for just 3 speeches on Wall Street. Michelle is bringing in $225/speech too. Which, I guess disproves the gender pay gap favors men, since the masculine one in this case is making less. But still. I wouldn't say they're making the money dishonestly. If people are willing to pay that, I don't have much to say about it, other than I don't care to hear them speak if they paid me to listen. Except, like if they were gonna pay me $1.3m to listen, I'd probably break down and listen.

As far as on our dime, I guess you're talking about secret service? Yeah, I think if Obama's going out in a public venue putting himself in more danger such that it's more expensive to protect him, I think the secret service should be reimbursed for that extra expense.

Top Bottom