edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Braun is an idiot.
    No matter what new gun laws are passed, the left will further infringe on our rights in the future whenever they can.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Braun suggests that we should cave and infringe ourselves. Something is wrong with this picture. :n00b:

I know one thing that I'll come to regret if he keeps pushing this line. Won't happen a second time though.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    A really sad story emerged this week about a 10 year old girl that was murdered by her step-mother. The step-mother was brought up on charges of murder, strangulation, and two other things. It now looks like hands should be banned since strangulation is now a separate offence, as if murder itself isn't enough. Glad a firearm wasn't used or the news media would be screaming again about firearm bans, but not a word about banning hands.

So if Braun is in for minor second amendment infringements, where does he stand on banning illegal use of hands?

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Very disappointing. I just sent him a message letting him know.

Ive sent him several messages in recent weeks. You'll just get the standard BS form letter that says He's a 2nd amendment supporter, but......
    F Braun!

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    He's leadership, and at it's core leadership by nature does not support anything that arms ordinary citizens. You find some exceptions, but the quiet consensus by the people at the top is that the people underneath them don't have a right to guns unless they are serving the interests of the people at the top.

With some exceptions it's been that way since weapons were invented. It's for that reason we should cherish the Second Amendment.

Last edited:

putsjunior

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Suburma
    What did you expect? He was a democrat until 2012. I’ve said it all along, he was put in there by lefties with money and media connections to keep Rokita out.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    He's leadership, and at it's core leadership by nature does not support anything that arms ordinary citizens. You find some exceptions, but the quiet consensus by the people at the top is that the people underneath them don't have a right to guns unless they are serving the interests of the people at the top.

With some exceptions it's been that way since weapons were invented. It's for that reason we should cherish the Second Amendment.

Yep Yep Yep!!! Ordinary citizens being allowed to arm themselves is definitely a blip on the historical radar. China and Japan developed martial arts specifically to address this issue. Karate translates to "empty hand." Most "weapons" in martial arts are farm implements. Many places in the world absolutely do not allow the average person to own a weapon.

We are just spoiled, and by we I mean "westerners" as a whole, by having firearms as a part of everyday life for the last couple hundred years. We don't understand what it took for that to be a reality.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Good lord. What a freaking idiot.

Churchmouse, after thinking further on this, I believe Braun knows that passing more laws and "doing something" will make no difference to leftists in the future passing even more laws when they can.

Braun is taking this stand PURELY for political gain to play both sides.

He'll support a new law that just "marginally" infringes further on our rights, to appease the "do something" crowd.

Then figure he won't lose the gun owners vote in 2022, because even though he did a little "something", he still won't be as bad as the Democrat on the ballot.
    So he assumes we'll still vote for him, as well as the "do something" crowd.

Typical BS politician.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    He's gonna be a 1 term Senator. I've told him that in 2 different emails over the past 4 weeks. Even drew out in crayon why he edged out Donnelly. Guess he's a short bus rider after all. Don't forget your helmet Corky

Top Bottom