National Security Advisor John Bolton is out.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Trump dismissed John Bolton. They didn't see eye to eye on things. He thought Bolton was a little too aggressive to get involved. The nail was setting up talks with the Taliban that would have done nothing anyway, and then the Taliban killing American soldiers. Bringing the fox into the hen house.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Bolton was one who told the UN to shove it when it came to infringing on our second amendment. Hate to see him go because he was very pro-second amendment.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Well, if you can't agree that the CEO (POTUS) calls the shots, then you're not really an advisor. I make the boardroom analogy deliberately, because if you couldn't get behind the decision of the CEO/Board in a corporation and attempted to sway outcomes through ... irregular channels, shall we say - you would be out on your ass, just like Mr. Moustache

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    IMO, if you're not disagreeing with the boss, then you really aren't necessary.

Conflict in any workplace should never be seen as a negative, but in our world of echo chambers and confirmation bias, I'm afraid it is.

We used to call those guy "yes men" and it was seen as a pejorative. Now if you can't agree with your boss, then you just quit apparently.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

Conflict in any workplace should never be seen as a negative, but in our world of echo chambers and confirmation bias, I'm afraid it is.

We used to call those guy "yes men" and it was seen as a pejorative. Now if you can't agree with your boss, then you just quit apparently.
    I agree with this and Bolton let everyone know going in, that he wasn't just going to be a yes man.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Lack of his clear eyed view of the world will be a detriment to this administration.

Trump is starting to make me wish he had a nut. At least one. Taunting the press doesn't make you a man. Standing up to all our enemies in the world, with force where appropriate, is gonna be the measure of the man. As things are going now, the violence is gonna be here, not on foreign soil. Much as it pains me to say it.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

I agree with this and Bolton let everyone know going in, that he wasn't just going to be a yes man.

I think the difference here is whether you can get on board and grab an oar once the decision is made. It is fine to argue in favor of a particular viewpoint during deliberations, not so much to continue fighting a decision once made and to leak to the press to further push your own viewpoint

Matthew 12:25

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I think the threat of war around the world is greatly diminished with Bolton out of the White House. I think he had a naive point of view for the world that we should topple regimes everywhere and institute democratic governments and we would make the world perfect or remake the world in our image and frankly, it just doesn’t work that way...

The problem is when people like Bolton say they want to topple Qaddafi and make Libya into this great American-style republic, they don't elect Thomas Jefferson, they elect another religious leader who becomes an autocrat in place of one religious leader or autocrat.

So really, I think the Mideast and many of these places who have been led by strongmen, I think the answer is not regime change. And I think Bolton has been very wrong and naive and I'm glad to see him gone. And I hope the president can find someone who actually agrees with what the president says.

This president is extraordinary. In his State of the Union, he said great nations don't fight perpetual wars, and he is absolutely right, but that defies the orthodoxy of the establishment foreign policy in Washington. So he really needs to find somebody who has the guts to stand up to the orthodoxy, not someone who is part of the swamp.

Speaking yesterday to Neil Cavuto on FNC

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Rand Paul is right. But he should have told more truth instead of catering to the false reality of fake news.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Pray tell. Which fake news and what truth doth thee refer to?

Hi. Good morning and greetings from Nyquilville. I've been creeping crudded just in time to have to travel to a meeting tomorrow morning.:rolleyes:

Here's what was attributed to Paul.

I think the threat of war around the world is greatly diminished with Bolton out of the White House. I think he had a naive point of view for the world that we should topple regimes everywhere and institute democratic governments and we would make the world perfect or remake the world in our image and frankly, it just doesn’t work that way...
    The problem is when people like Bolton say they want to topple Qaddafi and make Libya into this great American-style republic, they don't elect Thomas Jefferson, they elect another religious leader who becomes an autocrat in place of one religious leader or autocrat.
    So really, I think the Mideast and many of these places who have been led by strongmen, I think the answer is not regime change. And I think Bolton has been very wrong and naive and I'm glad to see him gone. And I hope the president can find someone who actually agrees with what the president says.
    This president is extraordinary. In his State of the Union, he said great nations don't fight perpetual wars, and he is absolutely right, but that defies the orthodoxy of the establishment foreign policy in Washington. So he really needs to find somebody who has the guts to stand up to the orthodoxy, not someone who is part of the swamp.

My take is that Paul knows what the US globgov strategies are involving petro-dollar dominance and zionism, and that his words show that he knows that to work within the establishment you have to adopt the false realities the establishment mouthpieces pretend to because to do otherwise is to cause what amounts to a narrative allergic reaction and silencing your voice. As concerns Libya, once again he has to adopt the false realities of media-truth (the lies presented to the American people) because to do otherwise would shut down his voice. As concerns Bolton, my understanding was that he intentionally didn't do what the president wanted done. And I cannot help but think that is because of Bolton serving agendas in conflict with the president. If it was about cases of beer in the cooler it could be hey stupid, told you to stack 'em over here not there. If it's about the nations then you stacks 'em where you're told.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I think Bolton was yet another " ... man who thought he was an owner" and Trump was too stupid to know what he wanted and could be led around by the nose - right up until the hammer fell

Ron was telling the righteous truth

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009

I imagine there are some bosses out there that are interested in different views than their own.

Top Bottom