Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

User Info Menu

National Security Advisor John Bolton is out.

Trump dismissed John Bolton. They didn't see eye to eye on things. He thought Bolton was a little too aggressive to get involved. The nail was setting up talks with the Taliban that would have done nothing anyway, and then the Taliban killing American soldiers. Bringing the fox into the hen house.
    I'm gonna, riiiide 'till I can't no more.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ATOMonkey View Post
    Bolton didn't agree with Trump inviting the Taliban to Camp David. Then the Taliban kills Americans. Bolton might have said I told you so.
    I'm gonna, riiiide 'till I can't no more.

User Info Menu

If I had to pick sides about the way this went down I'd pick Bolton's version hands-down.

Signed,
    Mr. Obvious
    Endowment Member, National Rifle Association; Member, Gun Owners of America; Member, Second Amendment Foundation; Member, Marion County Fish and Game Association; Member, Revere's Riders; Rifleman, Project Appleseed; Private Pilot, Airplane, Single-Engine Land

User Info Menu

Bolton was one who told the UN to shove it when it came to infringing on our second amendment. Hate to see him go because he was very pro-second amendment.

User Info Menu

He was also strongly anti Putin

User Info Menu

Well, if you can't agree that the CEO (POTUS) calls the shots, then you're not really an advisor. I make the boardroom analogy deliberately, because if you couldn't get behind the decision of the CEO/Board in a corporation and attempted to sway outcomes through ... irregular channels, shall we say - you would be out on your ass, just like Mr. Moustache
    You may not be interested in war, but war is interested in you

User Info Menu

IMO, if you're not disagreeing with the boss, then you really aren't necessary.

Conflict in any workplace should never be seen as a negative, but in our world of echo chambers and confirmation bias, I'm afraid it is.

We used to call those guy "yes men" and it was seen as a pejorative. Now if you can't agree with your boss, then you just quit apparently.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ATOMonkey View Post
    IMO, if you're not disagreeing with the boss, then you really aren't necessary.

Conflict in any workplace should never be seen as a negative, but in our world of echo chambers and confirmation bias, I'm afraid it is.

We used to call those guy "yes men" and it was seen as a pejorative. Now if you can't agree with your boss, then you just quit apparently.
    I agree with this and Bolton let everyone know going in, that he wasn't just going to be a yes man.

User Info Menu

Lack of his clear eyed view of the world will be a detriment to this administration.

Trump is starting to make me wish he had a nut. At least one. Taunting the press doesn't make you a man. Standing up to all our enemies in the world, with force where appropriate, is gonna be the measure of the man. As things are going now, the violence is gonna be here, not on foreign soil. Much as it pains me to say it.
    Just call me lollipop.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast