Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 68
  1. #31
    Grandmaster jamil's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by BugI02 View Post
    yin/yang dude, it's literally everywhere

    Or Newton's third if you're hopelessly westernized - same thing
    Did someone say newtons?

    -spreading the word to end the r-word is retarded
    -activism is retarded because, what if youíre full of ****?

  2. #32
    Grandmaster jamil's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    J
    Quote Originally Posted by Kutnupe14 View Post
    I am now, inclined to agree. Our definitions are different. You say that we aren't bowing to those that threaten this country. And yet, Iran, North Korea, and Russia have enjoyed an resurgence in power. Iran has (since the abandonment of the Iran Deal) destroyed US assets, and openly (not by proxy) terrorizes nations. North Korea, has become legitimized, test missiles at will - while we reward them with the suspension of military exercises and love letters. Russia, has been openly harassing our military in both the air and the high seas - we reward them with telling the world that even though our intelligence agencies say otherwise we "see no reason why it would be Russia" meddling in our election. But that isn't quite power projection. Power projection is the ability and willingness of a state to project military might over a distance, and as such, give those states within that distance pause when considering military action. This current president has the tools, but seems to lack the willingness to project might, and as such, our enemies are taking advantage of such.

    With prestige, our definitions can differ, because prestige is in the eye of the beholder. I'll clarify, amongst our traditional FIRST world allies our global prestige has suffered (i.e. England, France, Germany). Prestige being respect and admiration, based on who you are and what you do. Now, amongst are traditional enemies (Russia, North Korea) I guess you can say that our prestige has increased, but it may be closer to an appreciation naivety than respect.

    You should care what the rest of the world thinks of us, because that determines how they treat us. This current president hasn't shown much of a backbone, and shows. If it keeps trending the way that it is, eventually some diplomat is going to be so bold that he allows his bodyguards to beat up American citizens because he was offended, without so much as peep from our president. Oh, wait. Nevermind.
    NK ********ing notwithstanding, I guess we could go back to Persian ********ing like the previous occupant of the Whitehouse.
    -spreading the word to end the r-word is retarded
    -activism is retarded because, what if youíre full of ****?

  3. #33
    Grandmaster jamil's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by DRob View Post
    All the above notwithstanding, I believe the #1 reason Trump was elected was Hillary. No, he's not the best person for the job. The best person for the job, whoever he/she is, has enough sense to not want the job. However, given the choices we had, Trump was clearly the best pick. When you have to make such a choice, you're gonna' have to live with the result.
    This is pretty close to spot on. Bernie may have won. It wasnít just Hillary, it was also the state of the DNC. They were so obviously corrupt. But also it was the extremes of the left. Theyíre just so crazy these days. It wasnít as obvious back then but it was obvious enough. Something like 12% of Bernie voters voted for Trump. Trump is a societal correction. Western Society is heading fast towards a social cliff and I think what youíre describing is the idea that people recognize the wrong direction and this wave of populism is a correction. Whether itís enough to actually correct the direction, I donít know.

    It would just be nice if people were consistent and decided that immoral behavior isnít just wrong when Democrats do it. Maybe Trump would be more self-correcting if he lost wide support when he does immoral things, and regained his support when he works to make it right.
    -spreading the word to end the r-word is retarded
    -activism is retarded because, what if youíre full of ****?

  4. #34
    Grandmaster Kutnupe14's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by DRob View Post
    All the above notwithstanding, I believe the #1 reason Trump was elected was Hillary. No, he's not the best person for the job. The best person for the job, whoever he/she is, has enough sense to not want the job. However, given the choices we had, Trump was clearly the best pick. When you have to make such a choice, you're gonna' have to live with the result.
    I believe this as well.
    I Have the Worst Crew Ever

  5. #35
    Expert NKBJ's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by jamil View Post
    Did someone say newtons?

    The 3rd one.

  6. #36
    Grandmaster

    User Info Menu

    Russia, Russia, Russia
    Racist
    Recession...



    ...oh and Republican


    All a good learning process, while draining the swamp. All those R's will never be the same, thank God!

    So far, we've got what we paid for and more.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and Iím on to the next one...
    -----------------------------------------------

  7. #37
    Expert NKBJ's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Kutnupe14 View Post
    I believe this as well.
    Absolutely spot on yes sirree bob that is it.
    She was supposed to be scary enough to make

    JEB
    Wow you gotta love the goddess of wisdom symbolism!


    look good enough to vote for and then come to town a regular donnybrook and upset everyone.
    The hilarious part is that she apparently believed it was her turn.
    The lie really is different at each level!

  8. #38
    Master Ziggidy's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Kutnupe14 View Post
    That depends on which way DC goes, because it can get worse. And IMO it has gotten worse. American global prestige, power projection, and leadership is a mere shadow of what it was.
    You can thank Obama for that; however, we are making a good comeback under Trump.
    NRA - Life

  9. #39
    Master Ziggidy's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by DRob View Post
    All the above notwithstanding, I believe the #1 reason Trump was elected was Hillary. No, he's not the best person for the job. The best person for the job, whoever he/she is, has enough sense to not want the job. However, given the choices we had, Trump was clearly the best pick. When you have to make such a choice, you're gonna' have to live with the result.
    SO, who "is" the best person for the job? How do you define "best person"?

    Personally I love his platform and that is why I voted for him and will vote for him again. If Hillary had the same platform, I'd vote for her. People need to stop the old argument about the perfect (best) person for the job. Trump was, and is, the best person with the best platform.

    Those who don't like Trump, tell me about the benefits of socialism.
    NRA - Life

  10. #40
    Plinker

    User Info Menu

    Point me at a moral candidate for president and I would likely vote for him. Last cycle I had a bunch of mouthpieces for corrupt repubs whose notable accomplishments include the murder of innocents and war crimes on an almost daily basis. I don't think I need to even criticize the dem candidate (and there was only 1 candidate Bernie was a stooge to rally the base) as she is herself a lying murderous witch and married to a known pervert and pedophile. Trump...sleeps with pornstars while married, ran casinos and brothels, and has a foul mouth. Take a cleaning rag to the entire lot of them and you wouldn't have a candidate to elect, so yeah I'm sticking with the one who's tearing down the status quo.


Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Button Dodge