Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 116 of 313 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 126 166 216 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 3123
  1. #1151
    Grandmaster T.Lex's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpo View Post
    How would CFO of a Fortune 200 high tech company that raised a few billion dollars factor into your response.
    For most of INGO, that depends on whether that person was a D or an R.

    (I'd include L, but you limited it to Fortune 200 tech companies.)
    Resident Warning Shot Statist.

  2. #1152
    Grandmaster BugI02's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    It would fit the pattern, that of preference for credentials over acumen

    Even I can make quite a lot of money without claiming I have superior understanding of the economy as a whole. Would you defer to Trump or Buffet, or anyone you admit achieved a higher level of success (assuming you admit the existence of any such persons)?

    Edit: And if that tech company was Uber or Netflix, it would only prove your credentials as a gull for the gullible
    You may not be interested in war, but war is interested in you

  3. #1153
    Grandmaster Alpo's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by BugI02 View Post
    It would fit the pattern, that of preference for credentials over acumen

    Even I can make quite a lot of money without claiming I have superior understanding of the economy as a whole. Would you defer to Trump or Buffet, or anyone you admit achieved a higher level of success (assuming you admit the existence of any such persons)?
    Well, at least you moved off the "don't know jack" comment, for which you would have been wrong. As to superior understanding....I don't know. I was asked to be part of submission/position paper to the CBO back in early 2009 on banking, so someone thought I knew something back then. And yes, it's easy to second guess the president's decisions in hindsight on the rollout of the economic subsidies provided at the time, but we now have just as many banks as before that are too big to fail and no real improvement in the standards of conduct in many of the credit/credit default sectors. Moral hazard still exists. We could have another failure.
    I all too often ran out of talent well before the exit of the turn. (© SeŮor Mouse)

  4. #1154
    Grandmaster jamil's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    As Nancy Pelosi says, "Donald Trump is not above the law."
    What she doesn't say is that every Democrat is above the law.
    Iíd like to tell her, neither is Hillary. Yet here we are. And just to stave off protests from Kut about points Iím not making, Iím not saying Trumpís innocent because Hillary is ďinnocentĒ (but very negligent). Iím only saying I think Pelosiís full of **** because she apparently cares about enforcing standards when she can weaponize them against opponents.
    I have spoken.

  5. #1155
    INGO Clown printcraft's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpo View Post
    "The press" is an overly broad characterization. If it isn't, then we would never have heard Obama called "Kenyan" or hours of media coverage on his birth certificate. There was a tremendous amount of racial bias exhibited by members of the public and congress over Obama. I even seem to remember a number of fotos on this site where the president's wife was characterised as ape-like and with male genitalia.
    Definitely not ape-like.
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinNFluff View Post
    At a family gathering, my sister was getting ready to leave. She walked up and gave me a hug and said "Your phone is poking me." I smiled and replied simply with "That's not my phone".
    Quote Originally Posted by Leggdpms View Post
    ...he said alright sir and shaked my hard and said he has respect...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow8088 View Post
    I cocked my head to the side a little and was admiring his piece.
    Quote Originally Posted by JettaKnight View Post
    And seriously, where are those testicles being served? I want to just shove a handful into my mouth.

  6. #1156
    INGO Clown printcraft's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by jamil View Post
    I think that's pretty close conceptually. But in reality, I think it's a desperation move because they're afraid, with the economy doing so well, Trump could win reelection. Maybe there's more than smoke in what they're investigating. But I really doubt they'd be doing any of this if it were a president of their own choosing, if that president did the exact thing. And that's what removes credibility from this process. It would appear less partisan and political if it didn't appear so much like they're just trying to find a reason to remove him from office.

    Yes, and they have been hammering any reason to remove him from office since Nov. 2016.
    This latest attempt "might" have had some weight behind it if not for the last 3 years of constant "impeach-russia, impeach-kavanugh, impeach-stormy, impeach-twitter, impeach-breathing."
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinNFluff View Post
    At a family gathering, my sister was getting ready to leave. She walked up and gave me a hug and said "Your phone is poking me." I smiled and replied simply with "That's not my phone".
    Quote Originally Posted by Leggdpms View Post
    ...he said alright sir and shaked my hard and said he has respect...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow8088 View Post
    I cocked my head to the side a little and was admiring his piece.
    Quote Originally Posted by JettaKnight View Post
    And seriously, where are those testicles being served? I want to just shove a handful into my mouth.

  7. #1157
    Grandmaster jamil's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpo View Post
    Well, at least you moved off the "don't know jack" comment, for which you would have been wrong. As to superior understanding....I don't know. I was asked to be part of submission/position paper to the CBO back in early 2009 on banking, so someone thought I knew something back then. And yes, it's easy to second guess the president's decisions in hindsight on the rollout of the economic subsidies provided at the time, but we now have just as many banks as before that are too big to fail and no real improvement in the standards of conduct in many of the credit/credit default sectors. Moral hazard still exists. We could have another failure.
    1) Belief that thereís such a thing as too big to fail is foolish in the long term.

    2) donít allow hiding bad loans by repackaging them as something else.

    3) donít use government resources to encourage bad loans by guaranteeing them. GWB blamed it on Freddie and Fannie. But he didnít have to continue/expand the Democratsí policy towards disaster. ****ing Neocons and their ďcompassionate conservativismĒ which is code for Republican approved welfare.
    I have spoken.

  8. #1158
    Grandmaster Alpo's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Benghazi!!!!!!!!
    I all too often ran out of talent well before the exit of the turn. (© SeŮor Mouse)

  9. #1159
    Grandmaster BugI02's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpo View Post
    Well, at least you moved off the "don't know jack" comment, for which you would have been wrong. As to superior understanding....I don't know. I was asked to be part of submission/position paper to the CBO back in early 2009 on banking, so someone thought I knew something back then. And yes, it's easy to second guess the president's decisions in hindsight on the rollout of the economic subsidies provided at the time, but we now have just as many banks as before that are too big to fail and no real improvement in the standards of conduct in many of the credit/credit default sectors. Moral hazard still exists. We could have another failure.
    I would just mention at this juncture that Andy Fastow was a CFO also, graduate degree from Northwestern. Don't think his opinions on the economy would sway mine

    16 years as a successful engineer in petrochemistry and a further 26 as a consultant, a handful of significant patents and a few papers of note (based on citations) by the way

    If either of us has a superior understanding of the macroeconomy, why ain't we rich

    tl;dr "I'm equal to the best of you and better than the rest of you"
    You may not be interested in war, but war is interested in you

  10. #1160
    INGO Clown printcraft's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpo View Post
    Benghazi!!!!!!!!
    Where was obama during that anyhow? Do we know to this day? He was vanished for the entirety of the event.

    Quote Originally Posted by SkinNFluff View Post
    At a family gathering, my sister was getting ready to leave. She walked up and gave me a hug and said "Your phone is poking me." I smiled and replied simply with "That's not my phone".
    Quote Originally Posted by Leggdpms View Post
    ...he said alright sir and shaked my hard and said he has respect...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow8088 View Post
    I cocked my head to the side a little and was admiring his piece.
    Quote Originally Posted by JettaKnight View Post
    And seriously, where are those testicles being served? I want to just shove a handful into my mouth.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Button Dodge