Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 247 of 388 FirstFirst ... 147 197 237 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 257 297 347 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,470 of 3880

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kutnupe14 View Post
    Did you know that their are people on the presidents side have called his actions improper or troublesome? So what gives? Are they the "Shallow State."
    I get the feeling that a lot of people in Trump's administration don't like him. And that's just another negative thing about the man. For example, I don't get the feeling that Bar thinks too highly of him. I'm not sure many people in his administration think highly of him.
    I have spoken.
    If you’re woke you dig it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jamil View Post
    I get the feeling that a lot of people in Trump's administration don't like him. And that's just another negative thing about the man. For example, I don't get the feeling that Bar thinks too highly of him. I'm not sure many people in his administration think highly of him.
    Are those people part of the Deep State?
    I Have the Worst Crew Ever

User Info Menu

I found a site that Kut will like.

Kut, I am serious and in no way messing with you.

https://imgflip.com/m/politicsTOO

Expert

User Info Menu

Nope. If setting foreign policy is a policy on how the president can personally benefit politically, then I view that as improper; to the point of (in this instance) impeachable. So let's get this party started

The President sets foreign policy. The President swears an oath to uphold laws. The President has the power to ask foreign governments to aid investigations being undertaken by the department he oversees called DOJ. The President also has the power to withhold aid to countries if he deems them corrupt. That the subject of these investigations is a political adversary is of no legal consequence. It may be a political liability, take it to the voters...

Expert

User Info Menu

Are those people part of the Deep State?
    Yes! They are. Deep state is not a party or an ID, rather a collective of a permanent class of people that run Washington and believe they know best how the country should be run. 70% say federal government is bad regularly in polls, Trump was sent as a disruptior. Of course the democrats are against him, the state department is, many republicans happy with their power are against him. This is why an outsider was sent and also makes clear why the TDS is so strong. For the above their personal fiefdoms are being threatened and maybe even criminal wrongdoing may be uncovered.

For Trump supporters that are often maligned for their support through thick and thin, why? My take is because this is the first time they have had a chance to disrupt what they feel is a government going the wrong direction and are willing to take the good with the bad.

User Info Menu

Nope. If setting foreign policy is a policy on how the president can personally benefit politically, then I view that as improper; to the point of (in this instance) impeachable. So let's get this party started

So tell me again, how is that not opinion rather than evidence? You're not secretly on SCOTUS are you? A stealth sitting member of certain committees within congress? Because, if not, what you think only matters to you; not the grand scheme of things
    You may not be interested in war, but war is interested in you

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jamil View Post
    Both Henry Fords were not very well liked; imperious and demanding. But they sure were successful and got things done. What was it Machiavelli said about the choice between being feared or loved?

It might just be impossible to beat back an existential challenge to the country and the constitution, while Hectored by congress and their lapdog press, and have much left over to protect the delicate feels of the people half-heartedly doing your bidding because they thought your coattails looked inviting. See:Jeff Sessions, Rex Tillerson, Mooch, Napolitano

Deliver or go home. Very CEO
    You may not be interested in war, but war is interested in you

KG1
    Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Howbout when the good Colonel attempted to change the "gist" of the Ukraine conversation with his own interpretation when he contended that Trump issued a "demand" to Zelensky. Trump never "demanded" anything.

The actual transcript does'nt appear to jibe with that interpretation and he was called out on it under questioning and finally had to admit that things can be interpreted in different ways based on preconceived notions.

At another point, Castor asked Vindman whether he was interpreting Trump's words in an overly alarmist way, especially when Vindman contended that Trump issued a "demand" to Zelensky.

"The president in the transcript uses some, you know, words of hedging from time to time," Castor said. "You know, on page 3, he says 'whatever you can do.' He ends the first paragraph on page 3, 'if that's possible.' At the top of page 4, 'if you could speak to him, that would be great.' 'So whatever you can do.' Again, at the top of page 4, 'if you can look into it.'

Is it reasonable to conclude that those words hedging for some might, you know, lead people to conclude that the president wasn't trying to be demanding here?"

"I think people want to hear, you know, what they have as already preconceived notions," Vindman answered, in what may have been one of the more revealing moments of the deposition. "I'd also point your attention to 'whatever you can do, it's very important to do it if that's possible.'"

"'If that's possible,'" Castor stressed.

"Yeah," said Vindman. "So I guess you can interpret it in different ways."
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...indman-problem
    Last edited by KG1; 3 Weeks Ago at 18:19.

User Info Menu

So if they do happen to impeach President Trump and remove him from office, what will they do once he wins reelection?

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hopper68 View Post
    So if they do happen to impeach President Trump and remove him from office, what will they do once he wins reelection?
    That was discussed above. There is a constitutional clause allowing the Senate to permanently bar him from any federal office. Since it has never been used, there is debate over the issue of is it by majority or super majority as is the actual impeachment.