FBI, Military, Warn Potential For Mass Shootings, Joker Movie...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The U.S. military has warned service members about the potential for a mass shooter at screenings of the Warner Bros. film Joker, which has sparked wide concerns from, among others, the families of those killed during the 2012 mass shooting in Aurora, Colorado.

The U.S. Army confirmed on Tuesday that the warning was widely distributed after social media posts related to extremists classified as “incels,” were uncovered by intelligence officials at the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/u-s-military-issues-warning-to-troops-about-incel-viol-1838412331

I had predicted a week ago that attempts would be made at screenings of this movie, after the actor walked out of an interview when he was just asked if it promoted violence. Be careful out there

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Crazy violent people are like rotten trees, sooner or later, they're going to come crashing down and it makes no sense to blame one wind versus another for causing it.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    Crazy violent people are like rotten trees, sooner or later, they're going to come crashing down and it makes no sense to blame one wind versus another for causing it.

Yes, but the power company just cut down my PERFECTLY HEALTHY 80 year old ash tree, because it MIGHT become infested with ash bore beetles and become a THREAT to the power lines

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Instructing our military to "run - hide". Hilarious.
    A fine example of “managementship” in the military. GIs getting killed in a GFZ doesn’t stop the next assignment that leads to the next promotion.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    We've seen the media routinely disregard research and guidelines about how sensational coverage inspires mass shootings (i.e. copycats), but have they ever guaranteed fame for a potential shooter in advance like this before?

There will be a shooting at one of these showings. And it'll be 100% due to the media, and 100% not to do with the movie.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    We've seen the media routinely disregard research and guidelines about how sensational coverage inspires mass shootings (i.e. copycats), but have they ever guaranteed fame for a potential shooter in advance like this before?

There will be a shooting at one of these showings. And it'll be 100% due to the media, and 100% not to do with the movie.

i would not even go to a theater showing this film.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The last movie I saw in a movie theater was American Sniper. Before that it was Beowulf (in 3D). The likelihood of me seeing this movie at all, let alone at a theater is zero.

Zenmaster961

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2019
    I avoid large crowds - especially for mainstream events - as a matter of practice.

Open shooters aside, imagine the lines....no thanks.

Top Bottom