• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I didn't click the link, but isn't this old news? Another commie bimbo?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Just a couple of exerts from the NPR :rolleyes: report:

...The National Rifle Association acted as a "foreign asset" for Russia in the period leading up to the 2016 election, according to a new investigation unveiled Friday by Sen. Ron Wyden, D-Ore...

...Majority response: This is overblown

The Republican majority on the Senate Finance Committee, which was consulted periodically throughout the Democrats' investigation, said Friday the report was overblown.

In the Republicans' analysis of Wyden's report, the majority argued that it does not account for U.S.-Russia relations at the time and contains "much conclusory innuendo... and repeatedly attempts to paint a picture that does not exist."

The Republicans also argued that if the NRA committed any infractions, they would be small and do not put the NRA's tax-exempt status at risk.

"To the extent NRA funds were used improperly in any facts discussed in the [Democratic report led by Wyden], it appears to have been minor, hardly a rounding error for an organization with hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue each year and nothing that cannot be corrected with minor intermediate sanctions," the Republican analysis states...

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    maxresdefault.jpg

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I was just shocked that a bunch of middle aged gun guys would be willing to talk to a hot Russian chick.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Does this mean they are going after gun control groups meeting with Chinese donors/business/gov't ?

http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1164859.shtml

On a sunny day, media in Beijing focus their eyes on a hearing, as a group of members of China's Standing Committee of the National People's Congress (NPC), legal experts, diplomats, human rights representatives and anti-gun groups from the US gather at the Great Hall of the People in downtown Beijing to examine gun violence in the US and hear, first-hand, testimonies from witnesses, including US anti-gun activists.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    If I understand democrats correctly, didn't every republican, or right leaning American work with the Russians as some time?

And what of us with Russian heritage?

Punkinhead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    I'd like an explanation for how having NRA officials using my dues to fly around the world and meeting with foreign officials, especially enemies like Russia, is advancing my 2nd amendment rights back here in the US.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    So says a report authored by exclusively Democratic party staffers, containing basically zero new facts. NRA is Democratic enemy number one, they are not a credible source.

Still dumb as hell that the NRA let themselves get snookered by some redheaded Russian chick, and that this supposedly all-American organization every thought it was a good idea to have any contact with Russian nationals whatsoever. They're guilty of being freakin' dumb, not "funneling money" or "selling influence". Bloomberg alone outspends the NRA, they aren't "influencing" much of anything anymore.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    The only thing I would really like to see the NRA do with Russia is restart the flow of Russian firearms and parts back into the land of shall not be infringed.

Top Bottom