• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • poberly

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 25, 2013
    NW Indiana
    If this has already been discussed, I apologize. With reports that google "selectively" filters web sites that they don't agree with, I wanted to hear ingo's opinion. When I get on this site, I usually just google ingo and the 3rd one down is ingunowners. Today, it wasn't on the first page. So I thought I would see how many pages I had to go through to find it. I finally found it on page 5, and interestingly enough it said that I frequented the page and the last time I was on the site.

So with that in mind, is there a more honest search engine to use? Or is this the new internet and we should just get used to clicking a few pages in from the start?

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I guess that is a valid point. Most of the time it's on my favorites when I bring up a new tab.

I was just giving you a hard time, but really if you know or suspect google is censoring results don’t give them clicks. The same as cnn msnbc etc, don’t give them your business.

Just set ingo to your homepage :ingo:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    INGO on a google search turned up Page on, 4th down.

Probably because "INGO" isn't in the title of the pages, it isn't in the URL, it isn't in the keywords. It's not until you get down into the body of the HTML that you see "INGO" appear.

So, given that there is an actual organization/corporation named, "INGO" and our use of the word is just a nickname, I'm not surprised.

And for those that have to Google "INGO", why doesn't your browser autofill when you type in the letter "I"? :dunno:

alabasterjar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Steuben County
    Probably because "INGO" isn't in the title of the pages, it isn't in the URL, it isn't in the keywords. It's not until you get down into the body of the HTML that you see "INGO" appear.

So, given that there is an actual organization/corporation named, "INGO" and our use of the word is just a nickname, I'm not surprised.

And for those that have to Google "INGO", why doesn't your browser autofill when you type in the letter "I"? :dunno:
    6 months ago, this website was consistently in the first 3 choices when goolge searching "Ingo". I use the Brave browser, which is still utilising chromium framework and Google search functions, but I have all Security/tracking setting to limit the information kept. I don't mind topping 4 letters and scrolling to connect to into...I guess I'm a little old school that way...

Top Bottom