Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    From "The American Thinker": https://www.americanthinker.com/blo...icizes_nonsense_of_global_warming_crisis.html

Many of his points hold from common sense; this gent, however, has the credentials and experience to boot.

Sadly, with all else that's going on, this will likely be too easy for the climate cultists to sweep under the rug or just plain ignore.

The more people like Nakamura who come forward, the better. Each time one who can't be dismissed points out that the Emperor has no clothes, it will give others of integrity the courage to step out of the pack and speak truth as well.

Bravo.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2017
    NA
    My view on this is its being framed wrong. As usual it’s everyone scrapping to say they are right while continuing to pollute unchecked. Both sides should be focusing on cutting emissions regardless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My view on this is its being framed wrong. As usual it’s everyone scrapping to say they are right while continuing to pollute unchecked. Both sides should be focusing on cutting emissions regardless.

Have you compared what we put in the air today with what was going up just 30 years ago. 20 years.
    Always room to improve of course but man things are so much cleaner now.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Have you compared what we put in the air today with what was going up just 30 years ago. 20 years.
    Always room to improve of course but man things are so much cleaner now.

Unless you're China or India (two of the largest economies in the world) and you can get the UN to declare you to be a "developing country" and then the rules don't apply to you. And who are two of the largest polluters in the world? China and India. But they get a pass. It's gotta be us EEEEEEVIL Americans that are causing all the damage.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County

So, it doesn't matter if one side is full of ****, let's just do what they want because it's the right thing to do?

While pollution isn't a good thing, "emissions" are a nebulous crock, especially given Nakamura's conclusions.

"Because" isn't a good reason to create economic headwinds.

Somewhat related; a brief overview of the perpetual subterfuge of the believers that even a fifth grade science student (but not necessarily Bill Nye) should be able to understand...
    https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/global-warming-fraud-exposed-pictures

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2017
    NA
    So, it doesn't matter if one side is full of ****, let's just do what they want because it's the right thing to do?

While pollution isn't a good thing, "emissions" are a nebulous crock, especially given Nakamura's conclusions.

"Because" isn't a good reason to create economic headwinds.

Somewhat related; a brief overview of the perpetual subterfuge of the believers that even a fifth grade science student (but not necessarily Bill Nye) should be able to understand...
    https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/global-warming-fraud-exposed-pictures

There are numerous conclusions on both sides of the argument that support their talking points.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    And there sits Al Gore, reading this thread (after putting aside his bank statement) in one of his little mansions, with his Hugh Hefner silk robe on, ...... giggling.

Forgot to mention the expensive glass of bourbon in his hand ... much finer bourbon than I can afford .... the baastaard.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Pollute unchecked? Really? We have progressive emissions standards in every industry. No one’s advocating for MORE pollution. But. I’ll tell you what. I’ll try to remember to disable the auto-off feature on my truck on the way to work to let it idle in your honor instead of shutting off at traffic lights.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2017
    NA
    Pollute unchecked? Really? We have progressive emissions standards in every industry. No one’s advocating for MORE pollution. But. I’ll tell you what. I’ll try to remember to disable the auto-off feature on my truck on the way to work to let it idle in your honor instead of shutting off at traffic lights.

Emissions are being rolled back as we speak.

Really though, I’m more concerned that you have that stupid auto-off on your vehicle!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

Which emissions and why?

How do you define what is a pollutant?

What evidence do you use to demonstrate that it's a pollutant?

What actual evidence exists that CO2 meets any reasonable standard for a pollutant? (good luck with that)

If evidence exists implicating CO2 as a pollutant, how does it compare to the body of evidence indicating that higher CO2 concentrations are a boon for plant growth?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I work in the trucking industry and the large amounts of emission equipment that is mandated on newer trucks is rendering them to be unreliable pieces of junk.

We've had more problems and down time with our fleet due to the strict standards imposed that I don't even want to hear about the US "polluting unchecked"

Take that shame campaign and lay it at the doorstep of the "developing countries"

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Really though, I’m more concerned that you have that stupid auto-off on your vehicle!

Man oh man oh man do you remind me of my nieces and nephews.
    Some of the regulations that industry and the masses are saddled with are beyond needed.

I see some TDS in this. Especially reading your responses in other threads.

Again, we can run our house at near zero pollutants but the "Developing" countries that are taking our manufacturing due to no OSHA/EPA and a very forgiving tax laws get a free pass. Labor is a factor yes but not the sole force involved. And yes that ridiculous start stop thing is one of these regulations.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I hate the auto stop-start. Many newer vehicles come equipped with it. There’s a on-off button to disable it, but it’s reenabled after the ignition switch is cycled. I can’t permanently disable it without voiding the warranty. Every time I start the truck I have to remember to disable it or it will shut off when I don’t want it to. And it often gets it wrong. Sometimes when I’m at a 4-way stop it’ll shut off. Sometimes in stop and go traffic it’ll shut off. And often, when I’m stopped at one of Lousiville’s infamous 5-minute lights, when I wouldn’t mind if it shut down for awhile, it doesn’t. It’s retarded.

The only reason for it’s existence is to help manufacturers meet fuel efficiency and emissions standards without killing performance.

Speaking of emissions standards, you said they’re being rolled back. No, they’re not. The the rate of reduced emissions required over time is a little more sane. It’s not like car manufacturers can revert to the emissions standards of the days of yore. They still must progressively improve. The requirements are just not as bat **** crazy as when a climate zealot was running things.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Man oh man oh man do you remind me of my nieces and nephews.
    Some of the regulations that industry and the masses are saddled with are beyond needed.

I see some TDS in this. Especially reading your responses in other threads.

Again, we can run our house at near zero pollutants but the "Developing" countries that are taking our manufacturing due to no OSHA/EPA and a very forgiving tax laws get a free pass. Labor is a factor yes but not the sole force involved. And yes that ridiculous start stop thing is one of these regulations.

View attachment 80342

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    China is responsible for as much CO2 emissions as the entire developed world. The Chinese have more than quintupled their emissions since 1990, the developed world has held steady or reduced theirs. The Chinese with other developing nations are responsible for 2x the emissions of the developing world. There is an acknowledged cost to reducing emissions, who should bear that cost - perhaps the worst polluters

Green begins at home, when the Chicoms get back to their 1990 levels (like virtually the entire west) text me. Maybe by then I'll care

Top Bottom