Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 242 of 257 FirstFirst ... 142 192 232 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 252 ... LastLast
Results 2,411 to 2,420 of 2565

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by T.Lex View Post
    That was an undisciplined thing for an undisciplined authority to do. That was a friendly question that he completely botched.
    "friendly question" You know how I know you didn't bother to watch the lead up video?
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinNFluff View Post
    At a family gathering, my sister was getting ready to leave. She walked up and gave me a hug and said "Your phone is poking me." I smiled and replied simply with "That's not my phone".
    Quote Originally Posted by Leggdpms View Post
    ...he said alright sir and shaked my hard and said he has respect...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow8088 View Post
    I cocked my head to the side a little and was admiring his piece.
    Quote Originally Posted by JettaKnight View Post
    And seriously, where are those testicles being served? I want to just shove a handful into my mouth.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by printcraft View Post
    "friendly question" You know how I know you didn't bother to watch the lead up video?
    Kind of like all the uninformed masses that are just spoon fed the short version and never see the truth.

User Info Menu

That was an undisciplined thing for an undisciplined authority to do. That was a friendly question that he completely botched.
    I disagree.
    The reporter had repeatedly tried to push the "everyone's gonna die" idea.
    "Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem."

I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast;
    for I intend to go in harm's way.
    John Paul Jones

"A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs." Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

If you're a noob, develop thick skin, and read the FAQs

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by actaeon277 View Post
    I disagree.
    The reporter had repeatedly tried to push the "everyone's gonna die" idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by printcraft View Post
    So a reporter trying to bait a POTUS is new?

The question, and even the buildup, invited a, "I would comfort them by telling them we're doing everything we can and we'll all get through this together." Literally, the exact words he's been saying over and over. Then, the only soundbite would be The Talking Points.

Smile while responding, then backchannel that that reporter (NBC?) won't get called on anymore. Done.

The problem is not the reporter. The problem is not the process. The problem is that Trump takes things personally.

It was a fair question.
    Resident Warning Shot Statist.

User Info Menu

The question, and even the buildup, invited a, "I would comfort them by telling them we're doing everything we can and we'll all get through this together." Literally, the exact words he's been saying over and over. Then, the only soundbite would be The Talking Points.

Smile while responding, then backchannel that that reporter (NBC?) won't get called on anymore. Done.

The problem is not the reporter. The problem is not the process. The problem is that Trump takes things personally.

It was a fair question.
    Obviously you didn't watch the whole video either.

Master

User Info Menu

It was a fair question.

While I agree with you on how _I_ would have handled it...

Was it a _fair_ question depends a lot on your definiton of "fair". If it was a "fair" question, then why the need to "never call on the reporter anymore?" . So I think we can agree that it WAS a loaded question at minimum.

Now as for how to handle that, a Reagan would have done as you suggested above. He had TONS of liberal detractors who were constantly up his keister with similar questions. He parried them with a smile and with skill. Trump has an ego and is much more combative in his approach. I think it's also fair to say that media are much more rabid in their approach to him.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ArmedProgrammer View Post

Was it a _fair_ question depends a lot on your definiton of "fair". If it was a "fair" question, then why the need to "never call on the reporter anymore?" . So I think we can agree that it WAS a loaded question at minimum.

Now as for how to handle that, a Reagan would have done as you suggested above. He had TONS of liberal detractors who were constantly up his keister with similar questions. He parried them with a smile and with skill. Trump has an ego and is much more combative in his approach. I think it's also fair to say that media are much more rabid in their approach to him.
    After four years of being constantly attacked, I think I would have a short fuse myself.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nonobaddog View Post
    Obviously you didn't watch the whole video either.
    Obviously, you don't understand the roles in the video.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmedProgrammer View Post

"Loaded" questions are fair questions for a reporter in the WH press pool asking questions directly to the POTUS. They come with the job.

Part of the reason to backchannel that the reporter will be frozen out is that's how the game is played. It doesn't meant the reporter ACTUALLY won't get called on. It sends a message to the editor to back the **** off with the grandstanding. That's an optional step.

Another route is to thank the reporter afterwards for contributing to his next campaign video. That treatment is probably worth a million bucks from sympathetic donors. "See how bad I get treated....." waahmbulance

User Info Menu

Obviously, you don't understand the roles in the video.
    "Loaded" questions are fair questions for a reporter in the WH press pool asking questions directly to the POTUS. They come with the job.

Part of the reason to backchannel that the reporter will be frozen out is that's how the game is played. It doesn't meant the reporter ACTUALLY won't get called on. It sends a message to the editor to back the **** off with the grandstanding. That's an optional step.

Another route is to thank the reporter afterwards for contributing to his next campaign video. That treatment is probably worth a million bucks from sympathetic donors. "See how bad I get treated....." waahmbulance
    Remember the "Covington Kids" and how the media and other libtards were ready to lynch them because they only saw an edited version of what really happened?

When you mention a 'single' question two times, it indicates that you only saw one of the questions which means you only saw the edited version of what really happened.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nonobaddog View Post
    When you mention a 'single' question two times, it indicates that you only saw one of the questions which means you only saw the edited version of what really happened.
    First, you used quotes (those little "" things) which suggest I actual wrote "single." I did not. At least, it doesn't look like I did. If I did - feel free to actually quote me. The fact that you "quote" me incorrectly indicates you don't actually read what I write, which means many things.

Second, I did refer to the question as a singular question. There was a single question that broke Trump's resolve to stay on-message. (Not that it takes much to break his resolve.) That question was not difficult. It was not tricky. It was exactly the kind of question he should want.

If he was focused on leading the country, it whatever else the reporter said wouldn't have mattered. Instead, he gets caught up in ego and insult.