Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 25 of 105 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 35 75 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Ya know, when the president first made the suggestion, I was like "there's no way he would actually try and push this through."

Yep, I was wrong...

In a news conference this afternoon, Donald Trump's chief of staff, Mick Mulvaney, announced to the media that the president will host the 2020 G7 Summit — a meeting in which leaders of the seven largest economies on the planet meet to discuss world issues — at Trump National Doral Miami, which the president owns (and profits from).
    https://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/2...esort-11295297

Let me guess, I'm the only one who thinks this is shady.
    I Have the Worst Crew Ever

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jamil View Post
    I'm tepid. Neither hot nor cold. Because I can't find any spare ****s to give about that. There are plenty more important things to think about than that.
    Well, sure.

By that metric, the Kurds, Hong Kong, and Russian assassinations abroad don't really matter either. Tepidness abounds.

I guess, by way of exploring this particular issue, does it bother you at all that by doing this, our elected leader is subsidizing his personal assets? If it were your local mayor demanding all of the neighborhood associations meet at his restaurant conference center for a big meeting, would that make a difference.

Granted, maybe he's totally paying for the cost of all of it out of his own pocket - doing it all gratis. I really doubt it, but I guess we'll see.
    Resident Warning Shot Statist.

User Info Menu

Sounds as if Pence rolled over and gave Turkey a freebie. That was easy. Now, let's see if Pence can give up Israel to the Arabs.
    I all too often ran out of talent well before the exit of the turn. (© Señor Mouse)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kutnupe14 View Post
    Ya know, when the president first made the suggestion, I was like "there's no way he would actually try and push this through."

Yep, I was wrong...

https://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/2...esort-11295297

Let me guess, I'm the only one who thinks this is shady.
    The song "King of the Road" popped into my head when I read the article.
    I all too often ran out of talent well before the exit of the turn. (© Señor Mouse)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by T.Lex View Post
    And the INGO Trumpers are totally cool with this.
    Yep
    You may not be interested in war, but war is interested in you

User Info Menu

Trump might even lose money holding the G7 conference there. With all the foreign leaders there they will probably have to close parts of the place to other customers for security reasons where they could have been making money on the whole place.

But TDS impaired folks don't need facts to get their panties all wadded.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GPIA7R View Post
    ... He sounds like he's claiming peace in the Middle East or something.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...95160871571456

We're finally going to get the **** out of a middle east war. It is a great day for civilization - hopefully to be followed by others like it

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nonobaddog View Post
    Trump might even lose money holding the G7 conference there. With all the foreign leaders there they will probably have to close parts of the place to other customers for security reasons where they could have been making money on the whole place.

But TDS impaired folks don't need facts to get their panties all wadded.

Trump Turnberry emoluments scandal redux in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ... (why doesn't he just take $65million from Penguin for 'future considerations' like everybody else does)

It will not (ever) matter if it turns out to be cheaper, bottom line, for the government to hold it there; because a Trump business will have profited

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BugI02 View Post

Trump Turnberry emoluments scandal redux in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ... (why doesn't he just take $65million from Penguin for 'future considerations' like everybody else does)

It will not (ever) matter if it turns out to be cheaper, bottom line, for the government to hold it there; because a Trump business will have profited

What if the facility makes less profit having the G7 conference there than they would have made without having it there? Shouldn't the libtards be cheering that and demanding all conferences be held there.
    Last edited by nonobaddog; 10-17-2019 at 17:28.

User Info Menu

It looks cheap and tawdry like most everything associated with this President.

Page 25 of 105 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 35 75 ... LastLast