Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 308 of 340 FirstFirst ... 208 258 298 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 318 ... LastLast
Results 3,071 to 3,080 of 3391

Thread: The (Current year) General Political/Salma Hayek discussion Thread Part V

User Info Menu

Find the firearm?

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by T.Lex View Post
    270towin.com makes it easy to go through all sorts of scenarios.

The "reset map" button brings up a bunch of different starting points. I usually use some variation of the 2016 (either Actual or Very Close) as a starting point... because that's the reality of it.
    Is it though? There's some very different dynamics at play here this election.

The biden/harris voters aren't necessarily going to be the same people who voted for hillary. It's a far more radically progressive ticket.

The riots will have changed the minds of a lot of folks when it comes to what they're going to value most for the election.

I think 2020 is going to have more states in play than 2016 did, to determine the outcome. Going to have a lot of folks voting opposite of how they normally might, or staying home.
    Do not interrupt your enemy while they are making a mistake.

KG1
    Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by indyjohn View Post
    Find the firearm?

I'm still looking.

User Info Menu

Una salus victis nullam sperare salute.
    The only hope for the doomed, is no hope at all
    Virgil

I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast;
    for I intend to go in harm's way.
    John Paul Jones

A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs.
    Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

If you're a noob, develop thick skin, and read the FAQs

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tombs View Post
    Is it though?
    Yes. The reality is that Trump won certain states in 2016 that put him over 270.

There's some very different dynamics at play here this election.
    Totally agree. And, another reality from 2016 is that polling isn't as reliable as we thought it was.

All of the other things you mention are fair. But, so too is that we have one of the most divisive POTUSes in recent history stoking even more divisiveness, in the middle of a social crisis (the pandemic) unlike any other in a hundred years.

I think you and I can find common ground on this with the notion that many people won't decide whether to vote until the day of the election, and may not know who they're voting for until they're in the booth.

Overall, this is still Trump's election to lose IMHO. But, at the same time, this will be one of the most difficult elections to predict based on any objective criteria. There's so many new variables, that I don't really think anyone can really control for them for purposes of predictions.
    Resident Warning Shot Statist.

KLB

User Info Menu

Yes. The reality is that Trump won certain states in 2016 that put him over 270.

Totally agree. And, another reality from 2016 is that polling isn't as reliable as we thought it was.

All of the other things you mention are fair. But, so too is that we have one of the most divisive POTUSes in recent history stoking even more divisiveness, in the middle of a social crisis (the pandemic) unlike any other in a hundred years.

I think you and I can find common ground on this with the notion that many people won't decide whether to vote until the day of the election, and may not know who they're voting for until they're in the booth.

Overall, this is still Trump's election to lose IMHO. But, at the same time, this will be one of the most difficult elections to predict based on any objective criteria. There's so many new variables, that I don't really think anyone can really control for them for purposes of predictions.
    You made me think, how divisive would Trump be without a media/opposition hounding him every minute? For that matter, how "divisive" is he really? I know that the opposition likes to paint every word and action of his as being divisive and racist, but I really don't see much of either. Unless you are counting his fighting back against the media and Democrats.

He is definitely uncouth and juvenile, but I don't see him as actually divisive.
    They shouldn't just drop a hellfire missile on your café experience...Rand Paul

User Info Menu

I agree it's mostly with the media, but I could do without the name calling. I am fine with calling out the media.

Quote Originally Posted by KLB View Post
    You made me think, how divisive would Trump be without a media/opposition hounding him every minute? For that matter, how "divisive" is he really? I know that the opposition likes to paint every word and action of his as being divisive and racist, but I really don't see much of either. Unless you are counting his fighting back against the media and Democrats.

He is definitely uncouth and juvenile, but I don't see him as actually divisive.
    Orthodox Christian | NRA | GOA | MGNOC | ARRL Member | Purdue Alumnus

User Info Menu

For this calculus, we have to count his tweets, right?

I don't pay much attention at all to the MSM and find him to be the most divisive POTUS in my lifetime. Well, technically my lifetime extends back to Nixon, but I don't remember that. The most divisive POTUS since I was eligible to vote.

KLB

User Info Menu

For this calculus, we have to count his tweets, right?

I don't pay much attention at all to the MSM and find him to be the most divisive POTUS in my lifetime. Well, technically my lifetime extends back to Nixon, but I don't remember that. The most divisive POTUS since I was eligible to vote.
    Give some examples of his divisiveness.

Obama had a pretty high bar to surpass in that area.
    They shouldn't just drop a hellfire missile on your café experience...Rand Paul

User Info Menu

Give some examples of his divisiveness.

Obama had a pretty high bar to surpass in that area.
    Totally agree. Obama was the worst POTUS in my political-awareness lifetime, and that includes Carter! I'm not ready to say Trump is the worst, yet, but it is closer than I thought it would be.

And thank you for the invitation to argue about divisiveness, but in the current moderating climate, I'll politely pass. You may find his tweets, statements, and actions to be the apex of inclusiveness, rainbows, and unicorns. And that's fine.