source.gif

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Is it Turkey Time yet? It must be; I'm getting thirsty.

Also, at least one of us needs to be printing something, instead of playin on the interwebs! You know who you are.

I can multitask with the best of them...

I'm stacking jobs to print because I need a new set of corona wires that won't be here until tomorrow.
    I can't sell streaky screens and solids.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Deep state is, to me, referring to the ideologically aligned that make up much of the US federal government employees. At one time the ideology of those employees was more reflective of the general population but In the most recent election for President their donations went 95-5 to HRC. I once heard a great question in the aftermath of BHO IRS scandal, what if we have reached a point that the employees do not need instructions for what they do to to harm political opponents of their party? I think we are there.

The ideologically aligned do not need direct commands from the President nor his staff to know how to hurt political opponents, they can hear it on TV, or get it on social media from outside sources. John Brennan just asked from his paid CNN gig for more whistleblowers to come forth. They obstruct and delay the Trump agenda at every turn, they leak, and give democrats and allied media inside information. Does anyone believe that type of tactics were used against Obama in any significant way? The 95 will not let the 5 get by with it but it does not work the other way.

The deep state functions because of the ideological alignment and is manifested in the disparate treatment of HRC foundation, email, and server scandals vs any allegation against Trump. The deep state, at minimum, always seems to find the rose when it comes to democrats but it is always a BFD if it involves a republican. Look at all the leaks GWB had. They just hate Trump more because he fights back. They are frustrated that they have not been able to neuter him like they do most republicans

If if it looks like a pig, feels like a pig, smells like a pig, it is a very high probability that it is a pig. ..

Ok. Lots to unpack there.

First, the only person blocking an investigation of the Clinton Foundation is Trump. If he wanted to do that, he could.

Second, from whence comes the stat of employees giving more money to HRC than Trump to a 95-5 advantage? I would absolutely believe more was given to HRC than Trump, because Obama was a Dem. Likewise, those people at risk of losing their jobs under GWB probably gave to Romney... or was it McCain? I can't f'n remember right now. Anyway, the point is that people are more protective of their own income stream than they are ideological.

In my experience, the leakers actually tend to be people brought in by the new elected official and they are fighting petty battles.

Ingomike response:

Blocking any meaningful investigation is the deep state. Many reporters are or were trying to get freedom of information act docs and were stymied and stonewalled at every turn by the government itself.

The Hill reported:

Federal government employees are opening their wallets to help Hillary Clinton beat Donald Trump on Nov. 8.
    Of the roughly $2 million that federal workers from 14 agencies spent on presidential politics by the end of September, about $1.9 million, or 95 percent, went to the Democratic nominee’s campaign, according to an analysis by The Hill.
    Employees at all the agencies analyzed, without exception, are sending their campaign contributions overwhelmingly to Clinton over her Republican counterpart. Several agencies, such as the State Department, which Clinton once led, saw more than 99 percent of contributions going to Clinton.

The Hatch act makes political patronage illegal so there is only so much a new President can do concerning changing the employees of the government. It makes perfect sense that government employees would support a party wanting to upsize government rather than downsize it.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campai...shun-trump-give-big-money-to-clinton-campaign

We all know DC is full of leakers on all sides looking for personal advancement.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I forgot what I was gonna say. It was such a good point that was thoroughly researched with links to back it up that would clear up every disagreement within Ingo.

Oh well. Carry on.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    https://thehill.com/homenews/campai...shun-trump-give-big-money-to-clinton-campaign

We all know DC is full of leakers on all sides looking for personal advancement.

Ah, well, there's an important caveat to that The Hill report: it is only those employees who made political contributions.

From Defense employees, Trump received 341 donations for $43,575. Clinton got 2,392 donations for $225,560, giving her 84 percent of the money.

The entire DoD employees (civilian) is 861,000.

https://www.thebalance.com/department-of-defense-what-it-does-and-its-impact-3305982

So, of those, less than 3k appear to have donated anything. And the total was... less than $300k. In a campaign that had Trump spending about $400M.

If anything, that less than 3k people gave any political money reflects the lack of any ideological leanings. And the average amount at ~$1k suggests that it was the big money earners at the top that were taking a stance. Those people had jobs that could be lost in a [strike]regime[/strike] administration change.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Ah, well, there's an important caveat to that The Hill report: it is only those employees who made political contributions.

The entire DoD employees (civilian) is 861,000.

https://www.thebalance.com/department-of-defense-what-it-does-and-its-impact-3305982

So, of those, less than 3k appear to have donated anything. And the total was... less than $300k. In a campaign that had Trump spending about $400M.

If anything, that less than 3k people gave any political money reflects the lack of any ideological leanings. And the average amount at ~$1k suggests that it was the big money earners at the top that were taking a stance. Those people had jobs that could be lost in a [strike]regime[/strike] administration change.

Oh, I'm supposed to believe that the money is vastly different than the ideology? I have read many reports of the political imbalances. Follow the money...

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    that less than 3k people gave any political money reflects the lack of any ideological leanings.

If you were inclined to do dirty deeds and you wanted to at least try to appear neutral you would not make a donation. So if anything, that less than 3k people gave any political money reflects the vast majority of employees had subversive political leanings.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom