Join INGunOwners For Free

User Info Menu

China and Human Rights

IF what is being said is true THEN why is the US going it alone in responding to it?
    Orthodox Christian | NRA | GOA | MGNOC | ARRL Member | Purdue Alumnus

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by foszoe View Post
    IF what is being said is true THEN why is the US going it alone in responding to it?
    Responding to what?
    I Have the Worst Crew Ever

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kutnupe14 View Post
    Responding to what?
    CNN had a piece on treatment of a Muslim Minority earlier today...if I can find the link I will post.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/08/polit...ent/index.html
    Orthodox Christian | NRA | GOA | MGNOC | ARRL Member | Purdue Alumnus

User Info Menu

China has no human rights, and Corporate America is in league with them. A rich white kid can kneel at a football game and it causes a major shakeup in a multi billion dollar industry, but China can kill millions and another multi billion dollar sports industry can look the other way!

User Info Menu

A nation of a Billion people - kept enslaved for a half-century or more - is the most valuable commodity on Earth. An opportunity like that does not come along everyday, and there is a lot of money to be made there.

Uncle Sam is a master capitalist, and he does not want to _end_ the exploitation of anybody or anything, anywhere.

First and foremost, he wants access to _participate_ in (and profit from) the exploitation.

Vast hordes of "uncontacted peoples," kept in bondage by their rulers for generations, are a prized, finite resource. There are only so many such "scores" left on the planet.

America can say whatever it wants about Chinese abuses of their people, but in my opinion, all it really amounts to, is Uncle Sam saying he could make better use of the resource.
    Last edited by Twangbanger; 1 Week Ago at 20:42.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilant View Post
    China has no human rights, and Corporate America is in league with them. A rich white kid can kneel at a football game and it causes a major shakeup in a multi billion dollar industry, but China can kill millions and another multi billion dollar sports industry can look the other way!
    China is the place with the suicide nets too, yes? Pretty gross what I hear is going on over there but it seems almost worse in some kind of way to not only ignore it but to explicitly and publicly support it for money - the biggest false idol of them all.