• ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    O....................................................................K

Fun fact: the actual 3%ers (or whatever the percentage actually was) DID NOT swear an oath to protect or defend the Constitution.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Funny how so many swear an oath to the Constitution. Yet we have few rights now than we have in the past.

Something isn't getting done somewhere

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Is this where we get to test the actual bounds of this oath? I mean, since this is the internet and all.

For instance, I believe "lawful orders" is an important distinction from "orders," yet I do not see that included in the oath. That's basically implicit, right?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    You are SO correct. Something we must all think about.

(I think this was to me? Quick pointer, if you click the "Reply with Quote" button, it can be easier for readers to figure out what specific post you're replying to.) :)

Ok, so lawful orders.

That's basically for people who are currently in the military and have superior officers, right?

If one is not in the military currently, then the rest of the oath is pretty much about defending the constitution, right? Enemies foreign and domestic and that kind of thing.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    (I think this was to me? Quick pointer, if you click the "Reply with Quote" button, it can be easier for readers to figure out what specific post you're replying to.) :)

Ok, so lawful orders.

That's basically for people who are currently in the military and have superior officers, right?

If one is not in the military currently, then the rest of the oath is pretty much about defending the constitution, right? Enemies foreign and domestic and that kind of thing.

You took an oath....

Revel in it.

cb46184

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    May 10, 2016
    New Whiteland
    It is an oath. Something I believed in. Just like the oath I gave to my wife when we were married. I gave the oath then and still believe it. An oath is an oath. You either believe it for live or you don't. I'm not trying to call anyone out but it is what it is. From now on, I'll try to "reply with quote." Sorry to bother you.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    wow, alright then. youre either going to settle in with a few minor bumps or youre going to get eaten alive here..

either way. best of luck to you and your many oaths.

Top Bottom