Under Trump, Median Income Soars Over Bush/Obama Era...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Update: Wanted to add the link to the original source to the original post

https://www.heritage.org/markets-an...e-class-incomes-surging-thanks-trump-policies

This is amazing. "That’s a $5000 rise in only 30 months under Trump!"

"First let’s look at George W. Bush. From the start of Bush’s presidency in January 2001 to the end in January 2009, median household income rose from $60,906 to $61,308. That means the average middle class household income was up by a measly $402 over eight long years.

By the way, taken over 96 months, that’s an increase of $4.19 per month over Bush’s eight years. Don’t spend it all at once!

Obama was worse. Obama started in January of 2009 with a median household income of $61,308. The Obama era ended with an income of $60,973 in January of 2009. That’s a final number of NEGATIVE $335 per household for eight long years.

Taken over 96 months, that’s a loss of $3.49 per month over the entire Obama presidency.

This 16-year reign of Bush/Obama started with median middle-class incomes at $60,906 and ended at $60,973. Average middle-class household incomes rose $67 over 16 years.

Can you imagine your income rising by only $67 over almost two decades of your career? You don’t have to imagine. It happened. Bush and Obama were dramatic failures.

Trump proves it. From January 2017 to today- a period of only 2 ½ years under President Trump- median household incomes for middle class Americans rose from $60,973 to $65,976.

That’s a $5000 rise in only 30 months under Trump!"

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/10/wayne-allyn-root-comparing-trump-to-16-years-of-obama-bush/

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

"First let’s look at George W. Bush. From the start of Bush’s presidency in January 2001 to the end in January 2009, median household income rose from $60,906 to $61,308. That means the average middle class household income was up by a measly $402 over eight long years.

By the way, taken over 96 months, that’s an increase of $4.19 per month over Bush’s eight years. Don’t spend it all at once!

Obama was worse. Obama started in January of 2009 with a median household income of $61,308. The Obama era ended with an income of $60,973 in January of 2009. That’s a final number of NEGATIVE $335 per household for eight long years.

Taken over 96 months, that’s a loss of $3.49 per month over the entire Obama presidency.

This 16-year reign of Bush/Obama started with median middle-class incomes at $60,906 and ended at $60,973. Average middle-class household incomes rose $67 over 16 years.

Can you imagine your income rising by only $67 over almost two decades of your career? You don’t have to imagine. It happened. Bush and Obama were dramatic failures.

Trump proves it. From January 2017 to today- a period of only 2 ½ years under President Trump- median household incomes for middle class Americans rose from $60,973 to $65,976.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/10/wayne-allyn-root-comparing-trump-to-16-years-of-obama-bush/

But... but... my tax refund was smaller!

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I like what Trump has done with taxes and regulation....but I've never been much of a believer that the president can have any immediate, measurable effect on individual economics (beyond taxes).

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Any budding economist want to explain why, while the stats look good, there's another metric to take into consideration?

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Any budding economist want to explain why, while the stats look good, there's another metric to take into consideration?

What metric would that be?

That Metric would be British Whitworth...

The NEVER TRUMPER metric, of course.

This I can believe... the level of unhappiness of people that were hoping for the ruin of the economy that were sorely disappointed.

Mr. K., you can't just lay this down and keep us guessing. I'm sure there's several different metrics that need to be examined, but which one were you referring to?

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I like what Trump has done with taxes and regulation....but I've never been much of a believer that the president can have any immediate, measurable effect on individual economics (beyond taxes).

Not to argue with you counselor, but I believe there will be a drastic, immediate, measurable effect on individual economics if a certain Party wins the White House, especially if they pick up seats in Congress as well. Economics, somewhat, are supported by confidence. How much confidence will be left (based on platforms) if we lose the WH and Congress? I'm starting to look for safe havens for the few $$ I have.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    What metric would that be?

Simply put, you need to take expenses into consideration. If you make $1000, and you buy a widget each year that costs $100, if you end up making $1050, the next year, and your year widget expense is raised to $200, you've actually seen a decrease in wealth. Now, I can't say one way or the other if that is what is happening now; because I haven't looked, but if an article simply address the increase in wealth, without making considerations for such economic developments, it's not telling the full story. Surely, that makes sense to you right?

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    My income has more than tripled since 2008, but I don't attribute that to any president. I attribute it to starting my own business, working my butt off to build up my competency and client base, parlaying that into corporate consulting gigs, and ultimately joining a global manufacturing company in a role that I love.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Simply put, you need to take expenses into consideration. If you make $1000, and you buy a widget each year that costs $100, if you end up making $1050, the next year, and your year widget expense is raised to $200, you've actually seen a decrease in wealth. Now, I can't say one way or the other if that is what is happening now; because I haven't looked, but if an article simply address the increase in wealth, without making considerations for such economic developments, it's not telling the full story. Surely, that makes sense to you right?

If you carry that thought through to completion, I don't think it will help your argument. If you account for rising costs it will simply make the dismal Bush and Obama numbers look even worse. Trump's numbers are at least an order of magnitude better than the anemic results for his predecessors no matter how you slice it

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If you carry that thought through to completion, I don't think it will help your argument. If you account for rising costs it will simply make the dismal Bush and Obama numbers look even worse. Trump's numbers are at least an order of magnitude better than the anemic results for his predecessors no matter how you slice it

If the people have the confidence to re-elect him, we shall see how it ultimately ends. Right now we're in the short term.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

How much debt has been shoved onto the backs of our children and grandchildren during that time?

The central state can do us all a favor and dissolve back into the pit of Hell.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around

For many households, mine included, the biggest expense is energy. Fuel for vehicles, natural gas, and electricity. Overall energy costs haven't been this low in well over a decade. That can be attributed in part to Trump administration policies.

More than anything else, energy costs underpin the economy of the United States. It literally figures in to EVERYTHING.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

If if you go back and think about it you may remember that the economy started rising even before the inauguration because the business community expected regulations to be eased and they were. That is where Presidents have enormous influence on an economy. Do you not think BHO obstructing gas and oil pipelines had an affect on energy prices and futures? And Trump the opposite affect? That is just one area Trump has reversed course from the expected BHO policies that HRC would have continued...

Top Bottom