Jan 13, 2011

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Kut you need to send him a bill for three years of living in your head.

ETA: Bloomy got the two term limit as NY mayor so he could run for a third term.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Don't people realize that "Judge Judy" transitioned from jurist to entertainer many years ago?

Thus, her opinion should carry as much weight as any other celebrity. None. Or, in many cases, less than none.

These "Judge xxxxxxxxx" shows have done a major disservice by causing the average person who rarely or never steps into a courtroom to believe that is how "justice" is dispensed.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Kut you need to send him a bill for three years of living in your head.

ETA: Bloomy got the two term limit as NY mayor so he could run for a third term.

Well hell, I'm not sending any bills, because lord knows how much money I'd owe for dancing around in half the membership of INGO noogins.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Don't people realize that "Judge Judy" transitioned from jurist to entertainer many years ago?

Thus, her opinion should carry as much weight as any other celebrity. None. Or, in many cases, less than none.

These "Judge xxxxxxxxx" shows have done a major disservice by causing the average person who rarely or never steps into a courtroom to believe that is how "justice" is dispensed.

Judge Wapner... definitely Judge Wapner...

[video=youtube;Bp9AClR8qCY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp9AClR8qCY[/video]

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    But she makes 47 mil a yeas for 52 episodes she is worth over 350 mil.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Judge Wapner... definitely Judge Wapner...

:):

At least Judge Wapner conducted himself like a judge and decided cases by applying the law to the facts, as determined by the evidence. Maybe like a Judge is supposed to do? (Well, dramatized a bit for TV, but not over the top and screaming at the "litigants.")

Now we have Jerry Springer in TV robes.

(BTW, Springer is actually an attorney, formerly licensed in Ohio.)

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US

At least Judge Wapner conducted himself like a judge and decided cases by applying the law to the facts, as determined by the evidence. Maybe like a Judge is supposed to do? (Well, dramatized a bit for TV, but not over the top and screaming at the "litigants.")

Springer was the mayor of Cincinnati from 1977 to 1978....as a democrat (go figger).... he can't be president thank God...he was on the Cincinnati Town Council from 71 to 74...had to step down do to the now famous prostitute scandal...he went to Covington, bought some lovin...wrote her a bad check...typcial democrat. In true dipstick Cincinnati fashion they elected him again in 1975...democrats are that dumb. If this mope was in Minnesota, he'd be a Senator by now...they love characters up there...

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Springer was the mayor of Cincinnati from 1977 to 1978....as a democrat (go figger).... he can't be president thank God...he was on the Cincinnati Town Council from 71 to 74...had to step down do to the now famous prostitute scandal...he went to Covington, bought some lovin...wrote her a bad check...typcial democrat. In true dipstick Cincinnati fashion they elected him again in 1975...democrats are that dumb. If this mope was in Minnesota, he'd be a Senator by now...they love characters up there...

Yup... public official, visiting a prostitute, and paying by check? A bad check, to boot? :):

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    I'm certain Judge Judy's endorsement will push him over the top:lmfao:

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright [/FONT]

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    Not a shock that a former Manhattan Judge wants fellow New Yorker & former mayor Bloomberg to be President (probably go to the same synagogue). I remember years ago when her show first came on and I was at my grandma's and she was watching Judge Judy. There was some dispute over a teenage boy with a BB Gun and I think some damage he did to a neighbor's car or shed - doesn't matter. But Judge Judy went on and on lecturing the kids parents that they allowed their child to have a "gun" and how BB guns should not be allowed in the hands of children. I knew she was a gun hater right then and I never watched that stupid show again.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Wait. Aren't judges supposed to go to conferences or whatever, drink until 3AM, try to hit a ***ty bar, get the munchies, get in a fight and then get shot? Seems like that would be more in tune with Springer.

Top Bottom