• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I'll take "October Surprise" for $1,000, Alex.

With a week to go before the Mayoral election, Indianapolis Mayor Joe Hogsett is on the receiving end of a lawsuit alleging sexual battery and harassment.

The plaintiff, long-time Central Indiana perennial candidate Bobby Kern filed the civil rights suit in federal court alleging that Hogsett, when he was Secretary of State, sexually assaulted him a motel.

In his complaint, Kern says he met Hogsett at several political events in late 1989 and early 1990 and at the time Hosgett promised to introduce to several prominent Democrats.

Kern’s complaint says Hogsett took him to a hotel, under the guise of meeting other Democrats, but instead held him down and sexually assaulted him.

Kern also alleges that when he tried to file a complaint about the incident he was threatened with retaliation by Hogsett and then Indiana Governor Evan Bayh.

The complaint asks for $1 million in compensatory damages and $4 million in punitive damages.

A spokesperson for Mayor Hogsett said they had no comment on the lawsuit at this time.

A copy of the complaint can be found here.

Hogsett Sued for Alleged Sexual Battery | IndyPolitics.Org

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yeesh... Again, why wait almost 30 years to file this? And if Hogsett could "hold him down", how big a wimp was HE? I won't be voting for Hogsett, but not because of this.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    O..........................................................................................................................................................................................................K

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    It's funny when the Democrats eat each other (politically), but methinks the timing is a little too convenient whether it happened or not.

If it happened, it will be interesting to see how Hogsett and his handlers spin it and whether or not they admit that he's gay.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It's funny when the Democrats eat each other (politically), but methinks the timing is a little too convenient whether it happened or not.

If it happened, it will be interesting to see how Hogsett and his handlers spin it and whether or not they admit that he's gay.

It must come as quite a surprise to his wife. I mean, she put up with his stinky sneakers but this might be a bridge too far...

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I heard this on WIBC about an hour ago but couldn’t post while driving. Politics is filthy dirty nasty business. Seems rather convenient to be brought up now.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I heard this on WIBC about an hour ago but couldn’t post while driving. Politics is filthy dirty nasty business. Seems rather convenient to be brought up now.

Yeah, I have no doubt that it's strictly politically motivated. The guy claims he tried to complain when Evan Bayh was in office. How long has that been again? Again, I have no desire to vote for Hogsett, but I think there needs to be some kind of statute of limitations on this crap for both sides. Digging up dirt from 30 years ago (like with Kavanaugh) is total BS. Make the charge when it happens or STFU.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Not to start off on the wrong path or be too snarky but my Gaydar has always gone off about him. Just me...???

I could give a care as to what who and where he is about in his personal life. I dont like him as a political leader. He was a terrible prosecutor and is a terrible mayor as well.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville

My 8th grade educated grandfather told me before I voted the first time, remember this boy, nothing happens in politics that wasn't planned..Nothing.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Not to start off on the wrong path or be too snarky but my Gaydar has always gone off about him. Just me...???

I could give a care as to what who and where he is about in his personal life. I dont like him as a political leader. He was a terrible prosecutor and is a terrible mayor as well.

Word of the day "gaydar".. Thanks for the chuckle CM:lmfao:Hey, what can I say, it doesn't take much to amuse me.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright [/FONT]

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    This won't cost Hogsett the election. It's too suspect with the timing.

Even if it did happen, I'm not so sure the metoo crowd cares much about gays? Maybe I'm wrong? :dunno:

One way or another, we all know how the news media will treat the dem, right?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Even if this is true, he waited too long.

Timing. It is everything.
    Stinky shoes waited until re-election time to fix the streets and sped those tax dollars they have been banking for a couple of years. Makes him look great to many folks. He still sucks.

Wait.....what.............:):

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy

in the immortal words of Bill Clinton... "you're only queer if you're on the bottom"

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

It must come as quite a surprise to his wife. I mean, she put up with his stinky sneakers but this might be a bridge too far...

If hes gay, she is well aware of it. To divorce him would be a huge lifestyle change for her.

in the immortal words of Bill Clinton... "you're only queer if you're on the bottom"

Never happened and doubt Hogsett is gay. Likely 100% fabrication. Bobby likes attention.

Top Bottom