Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 33 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BugI02 View Post
    Does anybody else find the selection of red as the color to wear to show support for the NEA ironic
    You mean the color most associated with Republicans?
    "'Gun guys' can find a way to get butthurt about just about anything."

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by avboiler11 View Post
    You mean the color most associated with Republicans?
    Negative, the color most associated with Communists (at least in my day)
    You may not be interested in war, but war is interested in you

User Info Menu

That was my angle too...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bobzilla View Post
    Mines pretty pissed because they are going to force them to take a personal day even though kids aren’t coming. She’s not mad at the administration she’s mad at the union and uneducated teachers that are causing this issue.

Yea she is a teacher. She works across town from where we live and drives 66 miles per day round trip. Now she is having to either take a personal day or waste gas/miles driving almost 70 miles because there are this many uneducated people.

I dont het the “I deserve $X per year because I went to college to only work half the year”(she hates it when I say that, it’s 2/3 of the year!) mindset. There’s plenty of opportunities if you want to work for it. The wife spent $10k and 18 months of hard worn a few years ago to get her masters for the pay increase. It paid that off in the first year. You just have to *gasp* work for it.
    She shouldn't be forced to take a personal day.
    The ones leaving should.
    The ones showing up, shouldn't have to use a personal day.
    "Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem."

“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.” -Plato

"A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs." Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

If you're a noob, develop thick skin, and read the FAQs

Certified Bro Shark Ballstater98's Avatar

User Info Menu

I can't imagine why it is coming to a head. Holding schools responsible for post-school personal choices is ludicrous. Outside factors also determines your path. Starting your own business doesn't fit the formula, jobs in sales, working at a mill, etc. Hmm. Then pass legislation requiring this new externship, on top of continuing education points, to renew a license tends to put people off. A lot of talented people have left and are leaving. Politically demonizing people, while taking away support, and holding a perpetual dangling carrot is counter productive too.

Now, this is only a one way written piece, but it is an example of the continual proposals lobbed out there. https://www.indianasenatedemocrats.o...NrNRUhC8EDdgxQ
    Lifetime LTCH; Lifetime NRA Member; Maker's Mark Ambassador #780040; GOA Member #23463299

User Info Menu

Attached Images Attached Images

User Info Menu

...and the NEA...which is behind this...and I'll just keep saying this.
    ​Bullies suck. They also make you stronger.

User Info Menu

My wife is going. I told her it will take a miracle to get fit inside but there is plenty of room since that p*$$y (meow,meow) governor ran out for Florida to avoid a confrontation and hung upside down from the flagpole up against the finial.
    Naphtali Lodge 389 Kokomo, IN

Hard luck is my only luck...
    Not your average Korean Hillbilly
    Tactical Chia Pet
    2012 FXDF (Fatbob)

User Info Menu

Coach seems to represent the argument well. The pay portion I see in a lot of way misrepresented only hurts younger teachers. I am a younger teacher who came in just after the pay scale change, from my Junior to Senior year in college the starting pay dropped about $10k for this reason several years ago I decided I would change careers due to my unhappiness with the compensation. I will not be protesting tomorrow, I will be in my classroom teaching. I didn't want to use up one of my few personal days for the year for something that won't hopefully be a problem in my life next year. I should have my masters by May and make a career change to something that will pay what I desire. I try not to complain, as I love teaching. However, the change in pay from what I "expected" when I set out to join the profession to what it turned into changed drastically enough I'll make the change on my own. Most people I graduated with are also not teachers, and I see pay as the #1 reason for the shortage. I think that we don't see a problem with getting teachers largely because we have so many older teacher under the old pay scale before it was frozen, but if things stay the same as they begin to retire I think things will deteriorate more and more.
    Last edited by Bfish; 2 Weeks Ago at 20:47.

User Info Menu

So, while they are protesting, surely they will be protesting parents that aren't raising their kids, and let them run amok?

"Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem."

“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.” -Plato

"A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs." Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

If you're a noob, develop thick skin, and read the FAQs

Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 33 ... LastLast