Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Expert

User Info Menu

Left Gets Another Scalp, Victoria's Secret Cancels 2019 Fashion Show...

Probably few of us ever watched this but here they come again. The left is intent on everything being their way or the highway. Leftist groups organized and trying to force VS to include mentally ill dudes in women's lingerie in the show. Then after the attacks the ratings cratered. It is beyond sad that everything is under attack from the left and it is no longer just Christian and other religious groups. It is NFL, VS, and even our schools are under tremendous pressure to yeild to the far left.

User Info Menu

Meh, they should have just run with the show.
    Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering Kaboom.

Marvin the Martian

User Info Menu

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox...-show-canceled

Had more to do with declining sales, little sales added due to the show and the cost of the showing being $$$. Add all that and you get an investment that is not worth it anymore. Plus sprinkle in the crazy left and the money just is not there.

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jedi View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox...-show-canceled

Had more to do with declining sales, little sales added due to the show and the cost of the showing being $$$. Add all that and you get an investment that is not worth it anymore. Plus sprinkle in the crazy left and the money just is not there.
    While I'm sure it can be spun either way, the sales and impact declined after the left went after them...

User Info Menu

Sales have been going down for years, pre sjw issues.
    Part of it has to to do with aging customer base. The customer of the 80s/90s is now 30 years old and the new generation is worthless and doesn't hold the same values as VS.

VS failed to change with the times and it's now paying the price for it.

User Info Menu

Sales have been going down for years, pre sjw issues.
    Part of it has to to do with aging customer base. The customer of the 80s/90s is now 30 years old and the new generation is worthless and doesn't hold the same values as VS.

VS failed to change with the times and it's now paying the price for it.
    As a business out to make profit, I agree, but in reality it is society that has failed, by not maintaining a standard or moral decency, or even basic thread of common sense...
    You know what I like best about most people? Their dogs.

User Info Menu

I can think of plenty of women in their 30s that would look good in their products.
    Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering Kaboom.

Marvin the Martian

User Info Menu

I saw a panel discussion on Fox News. They seemed to feel that America turned against the show because they weren't allowing trannies and fat chicks in the show. It just didn't reflect our values they said... umkay.... I guess I am really old as I never thought to myself, wow, some dude would look good in that...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Leadeye View Post
    I can think of plenty of women in their 30s that would look good in their products.
    The women in their 20s/30s in 1980s/1990s are now in their 50s/60s which is when VS was at its height. Sexy undergarments are not what the majority are looking for at this time in their life.

Expert

User Info Menu

The women in their 20s/30s in 1980s/1990s are now in their 50s/60s which is when VS was at its height. Sexy undergarments are not what the majority are looking for at this time in their life.
    And apparently the women in their 20s/30s are not looking for it either. There does not seem to be a single factor causing their downfall.

Activists pushing agendas are hurting them.

Styles have changed, VC, not so much.

Women have changed, the average female body is different today.

They reached a pinnacle of success in that market and are due to be pulled back to the pack.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast