• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    It doesn’t look like it was over the lies he was telling about how easy it is to buy guns in Indiana.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    For what? Has more of a failed cover-up feel to me.

Eddie Johnson has committed the unforgivable sin of supporting his officers when the "community" deems them unworthy of support. Lightfoot has been criticized by "community advocates" as being "pro cop" for keeping him around.

Now, does Eddie have a drinking problem, did that have anything to do with his kidney failure and was he trying to avoid admitting to that? Probably....but that could be dealt with in a "run out the clock" situation if Mayor Lightfoot had wanted to. Apparently she didn't and there has to be a reason for that.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    So after being found asleep in his SUV after drinking he got fired?

I wonder if we would’ve received the same treatment, no sobriety Test?

I would bet a week of HM’s profits that one of us would have been doing the one leg stand for 20 minutes!

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    Does getting fired have any effect on the dude's retirement financially?

IIRC he needed to get into next April for his full pension. There has been a lot of talk in recent days of another scandal that was going to swing the axe sooner than anticipated. I believe it was over kickbacks from uniform companies

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Eddie Johnson has committed the unforgivable sin of supporting his officers when the "community" deems them unworthy of support. Lightfoot has been criticized by "community advocates" as being "pro cop" for keeping him around.

Now, does Eddie have a drinking problem, did that have anything to do with his kidney failure and was he trying to avoid admitting to that? Probably....but that could be dealt with in a "run out the clock" situation if Mayor Lightfoot had wanted to. Apparently she didn't and there has to be a reason for that.
    Did that change since the retirement announcement?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Did that change since the retirement announcement?

I don't think so. What apparently has changed is additional evidence about the incident which allows the mayor cover for an immediate firing.

Now, this could all be legit....but why would I assume that, given the players?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I don't think so. What apparently has changed is additional evidence about the incident which allows the mayor cover for an immediate firing.

Now, this could all be legit....but why would I assume that, given the players?

Yes. LL said he had to go for "misleading the public..." about the sleeping/passed out in the car incident. By that standard, shouldn't they all resign? Or is it only if you get caught and can't wiggle out of it?

I'll never understand why an adult, especially a police officer, wouldn't just call for a ride. It's not like anyone would likely tow that car if it was left overnight

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Yes. LL said he had to go for "misleading the public..." about the sleeping/passed out in the car incident. By that standard, shouldn't they all resign? Or is it only if you get caught and can't wiggle out of it?

I'll never understand why an adult, especially a police officer, wouldn't just call for a ride. It's not like anyone would likely tow that car if it was left overnight

As CPD Supt he had a . driver. I think I read he dismissed the driver earlier in the evening to drive himself home...

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Reports that he was drinking with a woman in the vehicle. This changes nothing for me. I believe this was the info which allowed her to fire him before his retirement. However, if she wasn't looking to use this firing politically, it did not have to happen this way. It's not about whether Eddie Johnson did things he should not have. It's about Lori Lightfoot appeasing some groups, and Eddie gave her the opportunity.

Last edited:

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Reports that he was drinking with a woman in the vehicle. This changes nothing for me. I believe this was the info. allowed her to fire him before his retirement. However, if she wasn't looking to use this firing politically, it did not have to happen this way. It's not about whether Eddie Johnson did things he should not have. It's about Lori Lightfoot appeasing some groups, and Eddie gave her the opportunity.

Exactly this.

Top Bottom