Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

I think itís okay to say ďvulturismĒ is bad. Even immoral. That it shouldnít happen. Okay. So now what? Iím willing to go this far but Iíll probably step off this train just before we get to government solutions.
    I have spoken.
    If youíre woke you dig it.

Master

User Info Menu

It's the reason I had to take a $5.00 / hr wage cut and my pension went to the public financed PBGC was because of that farging corksucker pulling strings like a puppet in front of Delphi execs. Nice thing was watching Battenberg et al get taken out in handcuffs by the FBI. I watched it from my perch on the roof at CTC. Ah!!
    Local tribal warlord

I am Asher's son.

Body of a 56 yr old. Skeleton of a 90 yr old

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jamil View Post
    I think itís okay to say ďvulturismĒ is bad. Even immoral. That it shouldnít happen. Okay. So now what? Iím willing to go this far but Iíll probably step off this train just before we get to government solutions.
    I kind of prefer the epilogue where the worker whose life has been ruined shoots the vulture capitalist in the face
    Just because individuals make poor decisions it doesn't mean governments make better ones

User Info Menu

I like the one where the worker takes control of his own life and finds a way to not be dependent upon negotiations and deals to which he is not invited.

People make some pretty selfish decisions when money is concerned. Thus, it will ever be.
    ​Bullies suck. They also make you stronger.

Master

User Info Menu

I have been a pure libertarian/capitalist most of my life. I questioned the use of anti-trust against companies in the past. Now that I live in another era where the need for anti-trust action is needed I understand it better. I do not have a proposal to curb the activity that occurred in the OP examples but we certainly need to look at how these things came to be and what can be done to dis incentivize it.

User Info Menu

Delphi was a scam from the get go. A GM test to see about ditching legacy issues. Delco was the only double digit profit maker of the five spun into Delphi. They had a lot of testing and development costs and still were double digit green.

Delphi used Delco as a cash cow to inflate the others groups, and stock price went up for a brief period. But nobody bought into it, cept suck as managers that mortgaged homes to buy stock to look like a company boy.

Obama_s Geitner preserved the hourly pensions during bankruptcy, called them rhe greater good. But the salaried went PBGC and is still being argued in court.

Designed to fail it was.

Too bad. Delco might have made it if left alone

Master

User Info Menu

Hookeye. I agree totally. One of the biggest fighters is Ben Gifford. He has been hitting them where it hurts in court.
    Remember the Big 3 that made money for GM during all recessions? GM Hughes. GMAC Mortgage. And Delco Electronics. All gone now. I work for a mere shell of a company it once was. I hired in first in '87 but got recalled back to active duty. Hired back in '90. Still the same place just no jobs. 330 people total on only 2 shifts. We had that many people on Main Board 1st shift if not more. Frickin' sad.
    Local tribal warlord

I am Asher's son.

Body of a 56 yr old. Skeleton of a 90 yr old

User Info Menu

When you are skilled it doesnt much matter. Not when the whole economy is taking a hit.

There are a lot of other skilled folks looking for a job. And hiring managers have family and friends out of work too. Even if not for those jobs......its a scratch my back and ill scratch yours environment.

75% of jobs are because somebody knew somebody.

It aint like the old days ( where it was to lesser %).

Screw the feel good talk and pseudo businesses....coaching/ training....that too a scam.
    Last edited by Hookeye; 12-04-2019 at 23:35.

Sharpshooter

User Info Menu

CSX was done the same way. Maybe oh Hunter Harrison had a few good ideas but now it is about operating ratio not common sense. Not sure the answer other than having people learn morals and looking past purely a ratio to drive stock prices up in the short term.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast