How Far Will Society Allow This Outrage Culture To Go?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Peloton created this ad. Seems like a pretty normal commercial but now tha social justice warriors are on the social media warpath over perceived injustices.

[video=youtube_share;pShKu2icEYw]https://youtu.be/pShKu2icEYw[/video]

Now the SJW's are even searching for the talent that made the commercial.

And now, users are searching for the woman who portrayed the ad’s exercise-happy wife, demanding answers.

"Who is the actress in the Peloton commercial and does she need our help?" one wondered. Another commenter warned they’d like to crack down on "everyone involved in the pitching, scripting, acting, shooting and approval" of the controversial commercial.

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/twitter-peloton-actress-commercial-twitter-search

Really? Just where the heck does this end? Many were whining the actress was "skinny" and did not need exercise. Can you imagine the vitriol if they used a fat actress, it would be body shaming. I have laughed for years at the luxury car ads that suggest surprising a spouse by buying a $70k car. Can't imagine that would work in most relationships or family budgets, but they are just ads promoting a product.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    This?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/03/us/peloton-ad-controversy-trnd/index.html

as for the price, almost the same as a midrange road bike. Wait till they hear about custom guns pricing.

As for weight loss? It's a good thing. Props to those who put the effort. Dunno why the hate on them or those who can afford this machine.

Last edited:

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Outrage culture will last, like most things in a polarized society, until there is blowback, and the cancel culture starts to target the idols and institutions of the people who started the movement. Only once it affects that group, will they start to see the error of their ways. Sometimes the fire has to burn itself out, and ironically the notion that we should not turning cancel culture back on its creators may prolong its existence.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Oh yes, I had to hear about this horrible injustice yesterday from someone (not fit) at work. "Why would a skinny girl need something like that?" Maybe because she wants to stay fit?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Oh yes, I had to hear about this horrible injustice yesterday from someone (not fit) at work. "Why would a skinny girl need something like that?" Maybe because she wants to stay fit?

Man I have to bite my tongue. I really do. What I really want to say....Well, pull up a couple of chairs, sit down and we can discuss this.

What I do say...…..Meh, her money. Her life and walk away. Rapidly.

I am not as fit as I would like to be. Many reasons for this and I am aware but I do not belittle those who strive to stay on top of being fit and active.

STFU folks and let people live their lives. You live yours. Yes people are stupid.

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    These people are out of control.
    Do any of them even have a job ? Who has time to get obsessed over a Damn commercial.
    I'm concerned about the future when I hear about stuff like this.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    These people are out of control.
    Do any of them even have a job ? Who has time to get obsessed over a Damn commercial.
    I'm concerned about the future when I hear about stuff like this.

A huge segment of society that now lives to find things that offend them and have to speak out on it. Social media is the cause. Give them a stage.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    The only thing that pissed me off about the commercial was that the chick was constantly videoing herself, she obviously has attention issues. But, she’s hot, so I could overlook that for a short time.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    The only thing that pissed me off about the commercial was that the chick was constantly videoing herself, she obviously has attention issues. But, she’s hot, so I could overlook that for a short time.

Unfortunately with social media and Cell phones that let you have a camera everywhere you go, people are way more vain and narcissistic. I'm in Phoenix on a work trip and my co-worker spent most of an hour the other day taking selfies until she had the perfect one...:rolleyes:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Timely thread. I just read this morning about the 49ers commentator who had to apologize for saying that a black QB in a dark uniform handing off a dark ball has a half-step advantage on a pass rusher because the rusher isn't sure if he's handed off or not, and the QB is fast enough to pull away.

That's not racist. In fact, that's the opposite of racist IMHO. Its an observation about verifiable facts. If anything, after years of actually racist ideas standing in the way of black QBs, the suggestion that there might be an advantage to having darker skin in certain situations seems like a sign of progress. The context appears to be admiring the QB's talent and ability to use every advantage.

But there was a considerable amount of backlash and consternation about the comment and the sportscaster is now suspended a game and issued a heartfelt apology.

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    Unfortunately with social media and Cell phones that let you have a camera everywhere you go, people are way more vain and narcissistic. I'm in Phoenix on a work trip and my co-worker spent most of an hour the other day taking selfies until she had the perfect one...:rolleyes:

This. You are dead on here.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    It's a money maker.

I find a small group (or make one up) that's outraged over something pedestrian.

I then write an article about how outraged they are. I present it as though some large segment of society cared.

Readers then get outraged at the fact the other group is outraged. They spread it (like this thread) and I get more clicks. Clicks equals dollars.

Now I can write an article about the outrage over the outrage.

You can *always* find something outraged about something, but if you can't, you just make it up. There's been several instances where the "outrage" was tracked back to a single person's innocuous or sarcastic tweet and nobody was actually upset until the article came out.

It will last as long as there is a market for it and it's profitable.

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011
    I think there is no harm in satirically poking fun at that commercial, as most commercials contain elements of exaggeration that are perfect for making jokes.

As for outrage... no one is really outraged. Sending a tweet isn't outrage, it's pretend outrage and somehow a culture has been built up giving credence to fake outrage.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    As for outrage... no one is really outraged. Sending a tweet isn't outrage, it's pretend outrage and somehow a culture has been built up giving credence to fake outrage.

And taken to its logical conclusion, we now have an entire political party that has become the party of twitter...

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Peloton created this ad. Seems like a pretty normal commercial but now tha social justice warriors are on the social media warpath over perceived injustices.

[video=youtube_share;pShKu2icEYw]https://youtu.be/pShKu2icEYw[/video]

I want to know the BMI of everyone complaining about the ad. I'm not svelte, but I'm also not complaining.

Now, the ad is inane because if an exercise bike and guy yelling at you over the internet is the thing that really changes your life....well, that's a pretty vapid life....but who cares?

Put your BMI in the tweet with your whining.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Timely thread. I just read this morning about the 49ers commentator who had to apologize for saying that a black QB in a dark uniform handing off a dark ball has a half-step advantage on a pass rusher because the rusher isn't sure if he's handed off or not, and the QB is fast enough to pull away.

That's not racist. In fact, that's the opposite of racist IMHO. Its an observation about verifiable facts. If anything, after years of actually racist ideas standing in the way of black QBs, the suggestion that there might be an advantage to having darker skin in certain situations seems like a sign of progress. The context appears to be admiring the QB's talent and ability to use every advantage.

But there was a considerable amount of backlash and consternation about the comment and the sportscaster is now suspended a game and issued a heartfelt apology.

Facts don't matter and neither does reality, it's all about feelings. Apparently we've created a generation who can only feel outrage and offense and they drag their butts out of bed every morning searching for anything to stimulate those emotions.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    The whole goal of progressivism is to tear down all traditional Western values. You can't have communism if people don't feel like they're victims. We have to turn everyone into an outrage victim and then DEMAND that the government do something about it. Then the communists will have a platform to stand on and can save society from all the greedy individualists and capitalists, and those dirty dirty social conservatives who want to tell people how they can live. etc etc. It worked just great in Holy Mother Russia. Killed lots, but hey, you gotta break a few eggs to make a totalitarian utopia.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom