Indianapolis FOP President Rick Snyder meeting with President today.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    The national FOP was asked on short notice to meet with President Trump. Indianapolis FOP president Rick Snyder was there and discussed the surge of violence Indianapolis has been having and being on track to breaking a record number of murders for a 5th year in a row. They met in the cabinet room and the oval office with the President, the Secretary of Homeland Security, and the Assistant Attorney General.

I do not have a link.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Any original ideas to stem the murder tide here are welcome. I don't know that anyone has the balls to call a spade a spade, so to speak, as most of our murders are criminals of a certain demographic killing each other. That's also likely why a public outcry to have the murders stopped has not been heard. The entire scumbag community lives by an Omerta-like code and prefers street justice over legal justice.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Black communities need to start making it cool to be a dad and stick around. Thats where it all starts going downhill and that demographic has the biggest issue with absent fathers. Its fact, not racism.
    Ill be happy to go sit and tell the president or anyone else that. But they already know and nothing will be done about it.
    As long as they keep killing each other I frankly wouldn't care. But they dont. They spill over and kill cops and innocent civilians.

Ideas? Well im a civilian. Never a cop so im not gonna pretend to have the inside answers so what would I do if i was mayor?
    Id get my city council off their asses and tell them to forget a pay raise and to hire double whatever the current number of officers being hired is. Then, id untie the hands of my police chief and his self picked staff and id say sick'em.
    Let the cops do what they do and give them the men and all resources necessary to solve it. I bet those smart folks can figure it out

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Any original ideas to stem the murder tide here are welcome. I don't know that anyone has the balls to call a spade a spade, so to speak, as most of our murders are criminals of a certain demographic killing each other. That's also likely why a public outcry to have the murders stopped has not been heard. The entire scumbag community lives by an Omerta-like code and prefers street justice over legal justice.
    The calls for it to stop are gonna come soon, they’re making their way west. Hendricks has seen a marked increase in serious violent crime here of late. Home invasion murder, and robbery shootings in the last two weeks alone. The more warehouses that go up, the more busses deposit folks that don’t live here, to hangout after shift and walk around nearby subdivisions at night. Avon/Plainfield soccer moms aren’t going to have it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Black communities need to start making it cool to be a dad and stick around. Thats where it all starts going downhill and that demographic has the biggest issue with absent fathers. Its fact, not racism.
    Ill be happy to go sit and tell the president or anyone else that. But they already know and nothing will be done about it.
    As long as they keep killing each other I frankly wouldn't care. But they dont. They spill over and kill cops and innocent civilians.

Ideas? Well im a civilian. Never a cop so im not gonna pretend to have the inside answers so what would I do if i was mayor?
    Id get my city council off their asses and tell them to forget a pay raise and to hire double whatever the current number of officers being hired is. Then, id untie the hands of my police chief and his self picked staff and id say sick'em.
    Let the cops do what they do and give them the men and all resources necessary to solve it. I bet those smart folks can figure it out

Lets add this to the go get-em mentality.....get a prosecutor with some balls. Catch them. Set idiotically high bonds and hold them. Then do the deal and put them in jail full sentences.
    This catch and release :bs: has got to stop.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    When people serve 7 or 8 years for murdering someone this is the way things are going to go. There is no deterrent, especially in Marion County.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The calls for it to stop are gonna come soon, they’re making their way west. Hendricks has seen a marked increase in serious violent crime here of late. Home invasion murder, and robbery shootings in the last two weeks alone. The more warehouses that go up, the more busses deposit folks that don’t live here, to hangout after shift and walk around nearby subdivisions at night. Avon/Plainfield soccer moms aren’t going to have it.

When you see the bus stops go in your area is screwed.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    When you see the bus stops go in your area is screwed.
    Tell me, my quiet subdivision is now adjacent to the multi-hundred thousand square warehouses, HOA seriously thought about fencing and gates, but there are+plans to widen the main road outside the neighborhood to account for more semis busses and stragglers when they throw up another few million squares of warehouse. Time to white flight farther west.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Tell me, my quiet subdivision is now adjacent to the multi-hundred thousand square warehouses, HOA seriously thought about fencing and gates, but there are+plans to widen the main road outside the neighborhood to account for more semis busses and stragglers when they throw up another few million squares of warehouse. Time to white flight farther west.
    We’re west of Avon Avenue, quite a bit of buffer zone.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Lets add this to the go get-em mentality.....get a prosecutor with some balls. Catch them. Set idiotically high bonds and hold them. Then do the deal and put them in jail full sentences.
    This catch and release :bs: has got to stop.

This right here. When there's no consequence that's a REAL consequence, there's no reason not to keep on breaking laws. It has nothing to do with police efforts and everything to do with a legal system that isn't working. And many in the involved communities see it as a mark of pride instead of shame. Because they're BACK OUT IN THE COMMUNITY with a wrist-slap instead of serving real time.
    :soapbox:

Methane Herder

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Pitchfork Union
    Hate to admit that the Saudis have some of it right, pull the trigger with your right hand, the State keeps that hand. Slow learner (and ambidextrous), guess what......

MH

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Chief Roach is retiring January 3 and taking a top security position at Roche Diagnostics.
    Also, US Attorney Josh McClure joined forces today with the Indianapolis FOP to talk about new resources designed to cut down on violent crime.

I wonder if any prosecutors or judges will be leaving their jobs.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    The only resource which will result in any meaningful drop in violent crime is a new jail and prison the size of the Pentagon. Until you lock them up and keep them there they will continue their violent activities.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    As I remember didn't mayor Goldsmith send a saturation raid into an area of the city well known for drug problems as a crackdown and triggered a riot around the fairgrounds? Big Indy money, particularity concerned with downtown property values isn't going to like a "hard solution" and has no doubt made it's concerns known to the city through their law firms. I wouldn't look for a "hard solution" anytime soon. Having the bad guys kill each other and any innocents in the way over time and away from the big money will be looked at as a preferred policy.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    The only resource which will result in any meaningful drop in violent crime is a new jail and prison the size of the Pentagon. Until you lock them up and keep them there they will continue their violent activities.

The courtyard in the middle is five acres, that's a big prison. It was built in less than 1.5 years in the early 1940s while we were fighting WWII. That means today it would take 15 years to build.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    They should have turned Market Square Arena into a new jail instead of tearing it down and selling the real estate. Indy would be a lot nicer city if they'd have done that.

There was a time where simply going to the Marion County Jail was deterrent enough for most. Change isn't always for the best.

Top Bottom