• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    https://herald-review.com/news/loca...cle_10749bcf-b54e-5517-8a64-8de6ccd97187.html

Police responded to man who went to hospital with GSW. Man told police his ex-wife shot him in front of his home.

Police contacted her and say she shot him in self-defense when he was beating her inside of her car. She sustained injuries to her face and had a shunt in her head from previous injury, which per police spokesman could make a blow to head fatal.

Man was arrested and preliminarily charged with domestic battery and unlawful vehicular invasion. He poste $10K bond was was released.

She was arrested and preliminarily charged with aggravated unlawful use of a firearm for not having a carry license and is held (as of writing of article) on $75K bond.

Macon County State's Attorney office has jurisdiction.

Since there's the implication she was beaten before by him, I have no idea why she would be in front of his house. They do have a 3 yo child (lucky kid is probably in CPS hands now), so maybe there was a visitation event going on? Doesn't mention child was present?

But as the article presents the story, this is a travesty.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Since there's the implication she was beaten before by him, I have no idea why she would be in front of his house. They do have a 3 yo child (lucky kid is probably in CPS hands now), so maybe there was a visitation event going on? Doesn't mention child was present?
    Often those in that situation don't have a track record of stellar decision making.

Nevertheless, it's outrageous that she's held with a $75K bond and his is only $10K, above a beyond even being charged.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    If the facts come out and support her account, these are the kinds of cases that can encourage positive changes in the law.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I though it was this story,
    https://chicago.suntimes.com/2019/11/30/20989538/2-charged-shooting-14-year-old-girl-little-village

That’s when the 14-year-old pulled out a pellet gun, struck Diaz on the head with it and tried to take the woman’s property without paying for it, according to police, who didn’t say what was for sale.

Diaz then allegedly pulled out a handgun and shot the teen in the chest.

Diaz, who has a valid FOID card but no concealed carry license, was arrested in Cicero about an hour after the shooting, police said

But I guess it was another one.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    It's Illinois. They don't care. They won't care, ( and you can't make them ) until they literally run the entire state into the ground and the feds have to take over. They they'll be crying about tyranny. Literally the only solution short of a federal takeover is for the non Chicago counties to petition congress to form another state..

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It's Illinois. They don't care. They won't care, ( and you can't make them ) until they literally run the entire state into the ground and the feds have to take over. They they'll be crying about tyranny. Literally the only solution short of a federal takeover is for the non Chicago counties to petition congress to form another state..

Chitcago has been a festering malignant tumor for many many years even before any of us were born.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Abuser gets released with $10k bond, victim gets kept in jail with a $75k bond.

The state of Illinois fears women who defend themselves with firearms more than they fear men who bludgeon women to death.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Gonna have to keep this one in the back pocket in case the family conversation over the holidays touches on guns to make their heads spin. several uber-feminists and mostly anti-gun liberals.

You mean that casserole Chicago calls pizza? :dunno:

Don't get me wrong, I love it too.

Call it whatever you like, it's damn good.

carry205

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2017
    Florissant

So true. I’m still a prisoner in this god forsaken state. Am retiring next May, house hunting now, in Missouri. I envy you folks in Indiana, and Missouri, you can exercise your 2nd amendment rights. Even though my pension will be taxed, it will still be cheaper to live elsewhere. As someone else up thread said, taxes just took a big hike, in addition to the exorbitant fees for a concealed carry license, there’s a push to investigate where all that money is going...it ain’t going to the isp to improve the system and streamline the wait...betcha I know where it goes...then comes Kathleen Willis trying to significantly increase the Foid tax, because she says the state needs it to help weed out people who shouldn’t have guns. This state is the laughingstock of the entire country.

Top Bottom