• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    82   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I put this here because every idiot who can't seem to grasp this rather simple concept, seems to think that a political solution is not only required, but the only one available. Someone needs to fix their lives for them... because it's not their fault.

I would like every high school, and college student in the nation to read this. (and half the adults)

https://thoughtcatalog.com/becca-ma...5OwfE-qPjgvksYClW26MgTLanZylzw3Fx7JQsT21KZLOg

Last edited:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Lc4ijmy.jpg

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I used to work with a guy that complained about everything! His favorite topic though was how much his life sucked, from his job to his house to his wife, dog, car. . . . everything about it sucked. I called him out on it one time and reminded him how similar our positions of pay, parenthood, etc were and how well my life was going. He failed to make the connection and kept *****ing for months on end. One day after an extended ***** session during lunch with about 10 co-workers he paused to bum a cigarette from someone. At that point I told him that I believed that if my life sucked as much ass as his did that I'd hunt down and kill the cause of these problems, myself.

He got up quietly and NEVER complained about anything around me ever again.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I didn't read the article, mostly because the other ones from that site are: "Bring magic to your Instagram feed" and "Choose Which ‘Gilmore Girls’ Man You’d Date And We’ll Reveal What It Says About You".

:n00b:

But you're right, everyone should be given this message, and a refresher from time to time.

alabasterjar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Steuben County
    I recently had an employee that couldn't quite grasp this issue. During his last evaluation, i was fed up with trying to spoon feed him this reality and told him something along the lines of "if everywhere you go there is a problem, guess what". He was gone within a couple months... truth of the matter is that i needed to say it about him to understand how toxic he was. I never regretted his invitation to find a new line of work...

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I don't want to hear this ****!

If my life is my fault, then that means that I'll have to work to fix it.

If my life is your fault, then you get to work to fix it.

See how much better the second option works out? Don't worry though, I'll get government to fix my life so that you don't have to.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I don't want to hear this ****!

If my life is my fault, then that means that I'll have to work to fix it.

If my life is your fault, then you get to work to fix it.

See how much better the second option works out? Don't worry though, I'll get government to fix my life so that you don't have to.

And at only 1000x the cost of fixing it oneself, but since others are paying that cost ...

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Way back when my wife worked outside the home, she would come home as relate how annoying it was when the women she worked with complained about their husbands all the time. It's not that I didn't give m wife reason to complain, she explained, it was that because these women chose these men, their complaining only served to make them look like idiots.

We make our choices...and they ARE choices, why do we act like everything happened to us? My wife and I chose to live below the poverty line for a few years in order to invest in a future where we could live like we wanted. We made a few bad choices along the way and felt the consequences...but they were our choices. I would rather believe that I have the power to change my situation than to believe someone put me in that situation and THEY have the power.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Way back when my wife worked outside the home, she would come home as relate how annoying it was when the women she worked with complained about their husbands all the time. It's not that I didn't give m wife reason to complain, she explained, it was that because these women chose these men, their complaining only served to make them look like idiots.

We make our choices...and they ARE choices, why do we act like everything happened to us? My wife and I chose to live below the poverty line for a few years in order to invest in a future where we could live like we wanted. We made a few bad choices along the way and felt the consequences...but they were our choices. I would rather believe that I have the power to change my situation than to believe someone put me in that situation and THEY have the power.

See above. When I can blame someone or something, then I get to live in a consequence free environment, and basically do what I want while claiming to be strong and independent.

Consequences are for suckers.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    So you're saying that all the trouble in my life isn't Obama's or Nancy Pelosi's fault.

Huh.

I don't know about all my troubles, but my health care expenditure kicks me in the nuts every single month, and for the first $5000 per person I have to spend every year. So there IS that. I know, I could have made the choice to be independently wealthy, and I still might achieve that, but alas ...

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    They just need a good Doctor......

[video=youtube;LhQGzeiYS_Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhQGzeiYS_Q[/video]

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I have had to suffer working with both men and women that complained constantly about the spose. In this I have formulated a theory. When they married it was to mold the other person into the "Perfect" spouse. Completely ignoring what or who that person is/was when they met. When that fails (miserably usually) life is just no longer a happy place.

I watched my 3 sisters do this with multiple husbands. Did no good to even mention it was a fools errand. They were on a mission.

Top Bottom