• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    It would be an epic snub to the Dems if they passed that! I'm all for it :rockwoot:

Plus, it will keep the Senate free to do their other work. Right now, if the Dems want to stall something, they can send over the articles of impeachment at that moment and it hamstrings the Senate until the impeachment trial and vote is held.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I love that Sen. Hawley put the House Dems on a time schedule.
    Either send 'em over and watch the impeachment implode for lack of evidence and look like total fools,
    OR
    Don't do anything before the motion to dismiss and STILL look like total fools.
    I personally will be greatly amused either way for the Dems looking like the fools they are in front of the whole nation.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Plus, it will keep the Senate free to do their other work. Right now, if the Dems want to stall something, they can send over the articles of impeachment at that moment and it hamstrings the Senate until the impeachment trial and vote is held.

I'm starting to think this is why Pelosi is sitting on it. Perhaps in case a certain SCOTUS justice kicks the bucket in the next couple of months, so she can throw that out there and lock up the Senate through to November.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm starting to think this is why Pelosi is sitting on it. Perhaps in case a certain SCOTUS justice kicks the bucket in the next couple of months, so she can throw that out there and lock up the Senate through to November.

This and a few other reasons as they cling to power.
    This has all been in the works since right before he laid his hand on the bible.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Charges should be brought against Pelosi for trying to influence the 2020 election by delaying the Impeachment trial.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey

I don't have the exact quote, but Pelosi recently intimated that the House Dems could do more than one thing at a time. I assume the Senate Repubs have similar talents.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    Good. I hope this comes to pass. That'll really put egg on the face of Pelosi. What an absolute train wreck of a politician... :ugh:

I happen to believe that she is the epitome of a politician. She has been in politics since 1976, worked for the DNC, been minority leader of the House, twice, and been speaker, twice. She has been in Congress since 1987 and is in her 17th term.

That sounds like a career politician to me!

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    I happen to believe that she is the epitome of a politician. She has been in politics since 1976, worked for the DNC, been minority leader of the House, twice, and been speaker, twice. She has been in Congress since 1987 and is in her 17th term.

That sounds like a career politician to me!

She is and even the new "progressives" don't like her.
    She's in a corner now thankfully.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    McConell has said if the articles don't come over next week, the Senate will go on with their other business.

I recommend doing other business until the week of July 13 - 17, 2020. That seems the best time to hold the Impeachment Trial.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_Democratic_National_Convention

Is there any prescribed time frame that the Senate must adhere to? But, any Dem Pres candidate that really wants it will just fly to Milwaukee every night to give their speeches, etc ... Unless McConnell schedules evening hearings ....

This is going to be so much fun.!

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Trey Gowdy has an interesting take on impeachment, the dems knew they couldn't win. Conventional takes are that they wanted to put the scarlet letter of impeachment on Trump, but Gowdy sees it differently...

There is no mathematical way he is ever going to be convicted and they know that,” Gowdy continued. “So their goal cannot be to remove Donald Trump from office, it is to neuter his second term. I think he is going to win in November. It’s to neuter that second term by targeting the [senators] Cory Gardners and the Martha McSallys and the Thom Tillises and the Susan Collins and Joni Ernstes, because if Trump wins and doesn’t have the Senate then he is not going to get any judicial vacancies filled and he’s not going to replace a Supreme Court Justice if he or she retires.”

Democrats have sought to obstruct Trump at every step, first conducting a two-and-a-half year probe into phony allegations that Trump and Russia colluded to alter the outcome of the 2016 election, and then on the even more absurd Ukraine investigation. Gowdy said that is all intended simply to block Trump in his second term.

“He is he not going to get the foreign policy he wants,” Gowdy said. “He is not going to get the Cabinet he wants. I never thought this was about removing Donald Trump because they’re not going to do it. It’s about putting Cory Gardner in a really tough series of votes so he has to defend them in November of this fall.”

From the impeachment thread, but applies here as well...

Top Bottom