Eric Holcomb pushing for refugee resettlement in Indiana?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Jesus tucker and his guest are unbearable. I wish there was a news network that put two well meaning opposing views up and let the viewer decide who's right.

Their argument is that all these Christians charities are lobbying the states in order to fill their coffers with lucrative refugee resettlement money?
    So if the state department didn't foot any of the bill and charities could cover all the costs of resettlement itd be ok?

We're a wealthy nation, we can afford to take in a couple refugees here and there. That's not going to be our demise.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    God knows Christian charities never do anything but for the cash payout.

Christian charities that depend on government taxation of others for their continued existence are certainly failing a critical demand of loving their neighbor.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    If it were really a couple of refugees here and there, it might be a consideration. When we allow concentration of a refugee population that runs counter to American ways, then the problem becomes evident.

The fact that we have an Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlaib in congress are examples of why this is a real problem.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    If it were really a couple of refugees here and there, it might be a consideration. When we allow concentration of a refugee population that runs counter to American ways, then the problem becomes evident.

The fact that we have an Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlaib in congress are examples of why this is a real problem.

Isn't the solution to that settling refugees all over. I'd think a rural Indiana city would do just fine taking care of a refugee family or two. I don't think in accepting refugees we have any obligation to create large concentrations.
    This would mean though that red states like Indiana would have to take some.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Isn't the solution to that settling refugees all over. I'd think a rural Indiana city would do just fine taking care of a refugee family or two. I don't think in accepting refugees we have any obligation to create large concentrations.

I'm not sure we've ever just scattered them about and said, "Sit! Stay!" Once in, they tend to concentrate with others from their countries. As I mentioned, the southside (at least around me) has been turning into "Little Burma". That's natural that they would want to be around others that share their culture, at least to some degree. It doesn't foster integration into American society however. Not saying they can't or won't eventually integrate necessarily. That depends on the individuals.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Christian charities that depend on government taxation of others for their continued existence are certainly failing a critical demand of loving their neighbor.

Im sure a Jewish carpenter from the middle east would be curious which neighbors are more deserving of love.

The fact is if we are taking refugees the feds will have to be involved. I could get behind them not giving Christian charities any money though.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    HELL NO!!!
    we already have way too many foreign nationals and refugees here. This is why places like columbus are turning into liberal crapholes.
    Same with where all of the Burmese are in indy.
    STOP THIS!!!!

Guys like holcombe only see federal dollar signs. I'm liking him (policies) less and less

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    HELL NO!!!
    we already have way too many foreign nationals and refugees here. This is why places like columbus are turning into liberal crapholes.
    Same with where all of the Burmese are in indy.
    STOP THIS!!!!

Guys like holcombe only see federal dollar signs. I'm liking him (policies) less and less

I'd be curious to put you in decades past and watch you rail against the Irish and the Italians coming over ruining our country. Im guessing you'r relatives came over on the Mayflower and immigrants have been ruining the country ever since?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Im sure a Jewish carpenter from the middle east would be curious which neighbors are more deserving of love.

The fact is if we are taking refugees the feds will have to be involved. I could get behind them not giving Christian charities any money though.

Like the people who think we should pay more in taxes for [fill in the virtue du jour], there is nothing stopping you from doing this on your own. Surely you have an unused bedroom or two, or you could buy them a starter home near yours

You could even do this through your church (if you had one). Where the impulse becomes chafing is when you seek to compel others to endure or pay for that which makes you feel virtuous. Get some skin in the game, then maybe we'll talk

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    In this thread we see who votes blue & who votes red.
    Its time to close the door America, feeling guilty for these people is ridiculous and expensive.

It wasnt that long ago Republicans were the party of big business and cheap labor while dems were for closed boarders. They are two teams playing a game and neither actually cares about you.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

It wasnt that long ago Republicans were the party of big business and cheap labor while dems were for closed boarders. They are two teams playing a game and neither actually cares about you.

You, however, are a straight-shooting disinterested party with no axe to grind

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom