Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 311
  1. #141
    Le mot juste 2A_Tom's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Kutnupe14 View Post
    Maybe this is news to you guys, but it isn't news to me. Government can, in times of emergency, places certain restriction on the populace if it its deemed appropriate to prevent harm to the general public. The Governor of VA declared a state of emergency, and has indicated that there is intel that indicates that violence may occur on the planned date. YA'LL might not like it, you might not even believe it, but he has that right.
    He has no rights other than those you and I enjoy.

    He may have some authority, however he is not using it properly.

    I would like to hear from BBI, VDPU, Denny ans Frank on this.




  2. #142
    Expert Liberty Sanders's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    An executive order cancelling the Constitution because of a dubious "emergency?"

    C'mon Kut. I know you know better.
    "Don't let your mouth write no checks that your ass can't cash" - old ghetto saying

  3. #143
    Expert Clay Pigeon's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by 2A_Tom View Post
    It will not pass any year soon, but that is the direction we are heading.

    For CP.



    I get your argument. I counter with we have to stop it's advance, then, hopefully we can reverse the damage.
    For it to stop, gun owners need to show up.... Lets see how many show up for this event?.... Lets see what the state does with the habeas corpus suspended for a long weekend. Lets think about this, the governor suspended habeas corpus......
    "Too much agreement kills a chat." ~Eldridge Cleaver

  4. #144
    Master Hatin Since 87's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Liberty Sanders View Post
    An executive order cancelling the Constitution because of a dubious "emergency?"

    C'mon Kut. I know you know better.
    Ya, makes complete sense. If any tyrannical politician wants to disarm citizens and repeal the 2A and citizens say they’ll fight back, just declare a state of emergency, then suddenly disarming them is a-ok.
    I find you offensive for finding me offensive.

    Often imitated, Never duplicated.

  5. #145
    Expert Clay Pigeon's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Kutnupe14 View Post
    Basic understanding of law. It matters not whether I agree of disagree with something. Look at the action, look at history, and see it's legally applied. The governor of VA might be making the whole thing up about the emergency, and simply doesn't want pro-2A people on his lawn. The problem? We don't have anything to back that belief up. In our nation's history civil liberties, have been repeatedly curtailed if there was a determination that there was a risk to the public.
    The girl sleeping in my bed has a Jurus Doctorate, so she has a pretty good understanding of the law. She is aghast that the Governor of Va suspended habeas corpus with this. The country should be enraged with the Governor....
    "Too much agreement kills a chat." ~Eldridge Cleaver

  6. #146
    Cogito, ergo porto.
    Bill of Rights's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Kutnupe14 View Post
    Maybe this is news to you guys, but it isn't news to me. Government can, in times of emergency, places certain restriction on the populace if it its deemed appropriate to prevent harm to the general public. The Governor of VA declared a state of emergency, and has indicated that there is intel that indicates that violence may occur on the planned date. YA'LL might not like it, you might not even believe it, but he has that right.
    He has that power, yes, not right. Yes, gov't can place restrictions. However.... if those restrictions or a declared "state of emergency" can legitimately "supersede your oath", what is the point of taking the oath in the first place? Doesn't that, in effect, make the oath into, "I swear to defend the Constitution unless it becomes inconvenient"?

    Blessings,
    Bill

    Thanks for your help in keeping this a great forum!
    Forum Rules#######Classifieds Rules##############?!?! wait...what?

  7. #147
    Grandmaster Kutnupe14's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill of Rights View Post
    He has that power, yes, not right. Yes, gov't can place restrictions. However.... if those restrictions or a declared "state of emergency" can legitimately "supersede your oath", what is the point of taking the oath in the first place? Doesn't that, in effect, make the oath into, "I swear to defend the Constitution unless it becomes inconvenient"?

    Blessings,
    Bill
    I'm didn't make a declaration as to the right or wrong of it. Only that the governor most likely has the power he's invoking. And in retrospect, I misspoke as far as the oath. In all likelihood, the officers wouldn't be running contrary to their oath to enforce the action. An officer taking an oath to defend the state and federal constitution, is not without limits, as rights are not always universally held, at least not legally. You can bet your bottom dollar that EVERY state has a provision in which one's rights can be suspended en masse. Instances of rebellion, invasion, and public safety have pretty regularly been used to curtail rights, and of the top of my head, curfew laws after major disasters.
    I Have the Worst Crew Ever

  8. #148
    Expert Clay Pigeon's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Yea, after the rebellion happens.... Not a week before...
    "Too much agreement kills a chat." ~Eldridge Cleaver

  9. #149
    Grandmaster BugI02's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Kutnupe14 View Post
    I think the whole "state of an emergency," combined with the Charlottesville folks saying they'll be attending, and VA's claim that they have credible information about people planning violence, supersedes that Oath, by creating an extenuating circumstance.
    Weren't you just yesterday saying in another thread that our government shouldn't prosecute people because they might commit a crime (referencing the Iranian guy with the pick axe stopped at the bridge to Palm Beach)?

    Hard to see how this is much different
    Who knew liberty would contain so many stems and seeds

  10. #150
    Grandmaster BugI02's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Kutnupe14 View Post
    Basic understanding of law. It matters not whether I agree of disagree with something. Look at the action, look at history, and see it's legally applied. The governor of VA might be making the whole thing up about the emergency, and simply doesn't want pro-2A people on his lawn. The problem? We don't have anything to back that belief up. In our nation's history civil liberties, have been repeatedly curtailed if there was a determination that there was a risk to the public.
    https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/...-mentally-ill/
    Virginia senator attacks 2A supporters, suggesting they are all mentally ill

    Maybe he's going to skip that pesky due process and just red flag them all. Look for Virginia to go red again in 2020. The more people like this give previews of the progressive utopia they envision, the more it looks like a combination of the French and Bolshevik revolutions. This will end badly for them

    Who knew liberty would contain so many stems and seeds

Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Button Dodge