• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    It is time conservatives shut these down. Do you think CNN and MSNBC exist on the revenue from catheter and flex seal commercials? Wrong! They are almost completely funded by your cable and satellite bill. Millions of good conservative red staters, that can't stand them, fund them, most unwittingly.

CUT THE CORD!

Everything you want can be streamed for less, with a few exceptions...

Most people I know who cut the cord are saving $50-$100 a month

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I would cut the cord....but I did that in 2008.

I agree- make these horribly biased outlets suffer using the market.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    CNN gets around $1.50-$2.00 per month per cable subscriber.

Reports indicate there are 87 million subscribers, CNN brings in $1.5 billion PER YEAR! All from your cable bill.

The truly unreal fact is, CNN is down to averaging 643,000 prime time viewers while being subsidized by non viewers, many of whom actively dislike them.

Why do you see CNN in airports? They pay each airport to be exclusive on their TV's, to look important...

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...ve-year-low-among-key-advertising-demographic

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    If CNN and MSNBC are off the air, how the heck am I supposed to find meme material? :):

I like my cable TV and internet, so I won't be cancelling it because I don't support everything on the air 100%.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    If CNN and MSNBC are off the air, how the heck am I supposed to find meme material? :):

I like my cable TV and internet, so I won't be cancelling it because I don't support everything on the air 100%.

You do support it, you give them money every month.

I am generally a free market guy, let them stand on their own and earn money from viewers not just subscribers.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Sounds nice, but no internet available at my house, except for the insanely expensive satellite internet that is capped at like 20gb a month. Ill stick with my Dish TV.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    No cable in this house. It seems like every health club, bar, or anywhere else with a public tv has one or both of those networks on whenever the TV is

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I just wish cable systems would allow ala carte packages, I don’t need CNN, BET, MSNBC, Lifetime, ESPanything, or any number of channels in a package. Let me choose what I want to pay for instead of bundling useless stuff I’ll never watch in with things I want.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    CNN gets around $1.50-$2.00 per month per cable subscriber.

Reports indicate there are 87 million subscribers, CNN brings in $1.5 billion PER YEAR! All from your cable bill.

The truly unreal fact is, CNN is down to averaging 643,000 prime time viewers while being subsidized by non viewers, many of whom actively dislike them.

Why do you see CNN in airports? They pay each airport to be exclusive on their TV's, to look important...

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...ve-year-low-among-key-advertising-demographic
    87million x $2 = $174 million, not $1.5 Billion.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Well if I cut the cord there would be a revolt. Just know it.
    Same here. Wife is already looking at going back.

Dropped cable and went to streaming a couple of months ago. We are spending MORE because my wife can't live without certain channels and the ability to record. Fiber + Sling + Amazon + Netflix + HBO (for a couple of months, she claims) + whatever else...

I will probably end up with Fiber, 2 VOIP phones (home and office), multiple streaming services, and then a dish. Sigh..... Thankfully it is only money.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Same here. Wife is already looking at going back.

Dropped cable and went to streaming a couple of months ago. We are spending MORE because my wife can't live without certain channels and the ability to record. Fiber + Sling + Amazon + Netflix + HBO (for a couple of months, she claims) + whatever else...

I will probably end up with Fiber, 2 VOIP phones (home and office), multiple streaming services, and then a dish. Sigh..... Thankfully it is only money.

The terrorists have an entire section of the U-Verse devoted to just them or so it seems. The spouse has her favorites. I watch my channel when time allows and occasionally stream a pay per view movie with the kids. My cable is good. All a package. And yes it costs. Add cell service and I could buy a decent used truck with that monthly.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I just wish cable systems would allow ala carte packages, I don’t need CNN, BET, MSNBC, Lifetime, ESPanything, or any number of channels in a package. Let me choose what I want to pay for instead of bundling useless stuff I’ll never watch in with things I want.

^^^This^^^ There are truly only a handful of channels that I actually watch, but in order to get them, I have to bump up to "second tier" service and pay for even more stuff that I will never watch.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    You do support it, you give them money every month.

I am generally a free market guy, let them stand on their own and earn money from viewers not just subscribers.

Meh. Whatever. I'm sure a lot of your money goes to people who you don't agree with as well. Unless you live under a rock.

senork

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    NW Indiana
    We cut the cord in 2014, went to using only NetFlix and Amazon Prime. After two years, we decided they recycled a lot of movies and programs. We installed a 40 foot tower with two antennas, one pointing toward South Bend, 50 miles to the NE, and the other toward Chicago, 80 miles to the NW. Believe it or not the programming from Chicago comes in better. Before you cut the cord and get a TV antenna, the stations repacked in Sept, and we had to rescan all channels. We lost about five, it seems to me they have bunched a lot of the channel frequencies into a small box if you will, and the stronger channel comes through. I am convinced that repacking is a way to get us folks out in the boonies to reconsider our choices and get either a satellite, or cable. Just my 2 cents worth.

Top Bottom