Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

User Info Menu

SHUT UP! Indiana School Tries to Silence Parents on Facebook with Draconian Poli

SHUT UP! Indiana School Tries to Silence Parents on Facebook with Draconian Policy

An Indiana school district is under fire for writing a policy that parents and the ACLU say is a violation of their First Amendment rights and an attempt to shield the board from legitimate criticism. The North West Hendricks School Corporation’s “Parent Code of Conduct ” says parents shall not "use Facebook or any other Social Network to make rude/offensive comments towards individual staff members or the school in general." It goes on to outlaw the use of "Facebook or any other Social Network to campaign against or fuel outrage against individual staff members, the school, or policies implemented by the school or district." If a parent is in violation of these rules they can be banned from school property and events, according to the policy.

Petty tyrants, eh.

User Info Menu

Heard this thru another source. Almost funny.

If NW Hendricks would get their house in order, they wouldn't have to worry about negative social media posts. Just sayin'.
    Ryan "ElDirector"

User Info Menu

If this is the policies for the parents, imagine how they treat the kids
    I find you offensive for finding me offensive.

Often imitated, Never duplicated.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hatin Since 87 View Post
    I'm so glad I finished school before social media and smartphones were huge. Seeing kids these days get punished by their school for photos completely unrelated to school is infuriating.
    106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark out, and we're wearing sunglasses.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GPIA7R View Post
    I'm so glad I finished school before social media and smartphones were huge. Seeing kids these days get punished by their school for photos completely unrelated to school is infuriating.
    MySpace was getting big my junior/senior year, but it wasn’t big enough for schools to take notice and monitor anything there. I couldn’t imagine being in school now. Post a picture at the range with dad, risk getting expelled... I try to explain to my 13 year old that social media has unintended consequences that can haunt you for years to come.
    I find you offensive for finding me offensive.

Often imitated, Never duplicated.

User Info Menu

We didn't have the internet when I graduated high school. If we wanted to harass someone, we had to make crank phone calls.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DoggyDaddy View Post
    We didn't have the internet when I graduated high school. If we wanted to harass someone, we had to make crank phone calls.
    Do you have Prince Albert in a can.
    Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    Well....uh.......I got nothing man.
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    This guy went full Brussel Sprouts.

The Constitution: It doesn’t need to be rewritten; it needs to be reread.
    INGO # 23,621

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hatin Since 87 View Post
    Oh, we know EXACTLY how they treat the kids. Anything they say or do, at any time, in any location, will be held against them.
    Ryan "ElDirector"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rkwhyte2 View Post
    Do you have Prince Albert in a can.
    Or, "Is your refrigerator running?"

User Info Menu

Yet another reason why we (who live in Hendricks county, though not in this school district) homeschool.

This district would not like me. This is exactly the issue that I would force them to act on, by attempting to expel me from the school property that my property taxes pay for. It would make a great lesson on what constitutional protection of rights actually means.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast